10 Realities of Group Projects

10 Realities of Group Projects

It's the most horrible time of the year.

17
10 Realities of Group Projects
Screen Rant

Group projects. Just those two words put together in the same sentence send chills up my spine. Group projects are scarier than failing a test you studied weeks for, showing up to your 7:30 only to find out it was canceled, and the WiFi being down when you want to watch Netflix. Somehow you end up in a group where you have to do most of the work if you want to guarantee you'll make an A (if you're one of the slackers out there reading this article please just go ahead and get your priorities straight), and getting the whole group on the same page is practically impossible. If you've ever had to do a group project (and if you haven't, well, this article will make you never want to), you may be able to relate to a few of these things.

1. Seeing "Group Project" as one of the assignments on the syllabus and wondering if the class is really worth it.

Like, yeah, I need it to graduate, but the idea of dropping still seems like a great idea.

2. When the professor tells you to pick your group, and you don't know anyone in the class.

And then you end up trying to decide between the guy who wears the same ketchup-stained shirt to every class or the girl who is constantly taking selfies of herself using the dog filter on Snapchat

3. Trying to find a time everyone can meet is basically rocket science.

College has everyone on a busy schedule, and trying to find a night where two, three, or even four people can meet is a challenge I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

4. And there's always that one person who bails on meeting up one hour before you're supposed to.

Like, I'm sorry Becky, but you can't just bail out because "your car broke down" or "your house is on fire." This project is life or death.

5. And there's always that other person who doesn't understand the project much less even looked at the project description in the syllabus.

And they will stay in this state of mind until the day the project is due.

6. So you go ahead and take charge of the group because you know it won't get done any other way.

And you accept it now that everyone in the group is going to hate you.

7. Words can't even been to describe the feeling of finishing and turning in the project.

At this point, you don't really care what your grade is. You just know that you're free.

8. And you realize that all you've learned from this project is how much you hate people.

You need a detox from human interaction for at least a week and a half.

9. But you remind yourself that it's all OK because you're finally over.

*happy tears*

10. Until the next group project that is...

*switch to sad tears*

So if you've survived a group project, congratulations, and if you're in the midst of one right now... May the odds be ever in your favor.