10 Reactions After Sending A Risky Text

10 Reactions After Sending A Risky Text

What 10 different people did in 10 different situations.

3228
10 Reactions After Sending A Risky Text
Cancer.Gov

You probably just told your crush you like them, told your mom you don't think college is for you anymore, told your dad you got into an accident (again), or just admitted to your significant other that you lied to them. Whatever the case may be, here are 10 things people have done after sending risky texts that you may relate to.

1. Solei

Text sent: "I've been having this situationship with this dude on and off for some years now. Classic case of we do boyfriend-girlfriend things, but we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend. I finally decided to ask him why he won't cuff me."

Reaction: "We've been in this cat and mouse game for so long that I really didn't go berserk. I was basically like whatever happens, happens."

2. Elaine

Text sent: "My friends are always planning to go out and do things. I don't have a job so I'm broke, and my mom is basically always broke too. It got to the point where my friends were tired of me bailing out or making some excuse so I finally told them I just don't have money."

Reaction: "I put my phone silent and set it down on my nightstand. I didn't pick it back up for an hour."

3. Alan

Text Sent: "Back in high school when everyone thought it was cool to be an antisocial potato, I finally mustered up the courage to invite one of my coworkers to go see a movie. I asked in person. She looked nervous and told me she'd get back to me so I went home feeling alright since I wasn't outright rejected. That is until I realized I left my laptop on her Tumblr page after a night of e-stalking and one of my brothers (they both deny it) sent her a message telling her 'Hey it's Alan I love you so much baby girl.' The worst part? I texted her sorry. Couldn't explain that Tumblr message and how I got her number (I got it from a close friend that worked in her department.)"

Reaction: "What could I do other than die inside? I blocked that memory out my mind for the most part, ha."

4. Rose

Text sent: "I told my boyfriend he was being a dickhead."

Reaction: "I muted our conversation hahaha."

5. Joshua

Text sent: "The first time I took this girl out on a date, I picked her up and dropped her off. Didn't drive off until she was inside, all that gentlemen stuff. The thing is, that wasn't my car; I begged my homeboy to let me use his car. And I mean beg- he drives a mustang. Enough said. So she's all flattered and having fun. Complimenting the car through out the night. I never said it wasn't mine, but I also never said it was; I was just smiling and laughing at her compliments. I really liked her so at the end of the night, I tried to set up another date. We agreed that the next night would be perfect- that's how great the date was! So I drop my guy's car off to him and am begging him to let me use his car again, he gives me a firm no. I have no choice but to come clean to her. So I text her and admit that I don't have a car. Tell her we can still meet up, but I'll be catching the city bus."

Reaction: "I didn't look away from the screen until she replied. Watched her type for almost half an hour only to tell me it's OK, she has a car and she can pick me up. We've been together officially five months now and I got the keys to my very own Mustang last week."

6. Niah

Text sent: "So I had been casually dating this guy for about a month. We were golden and digging each other's vibes; well on the way to making us official. That is until we were out in the city one night at this club and he sees a group of his boys. I recognize one of those boys as a dude I most definitely gave the business to over four months ago. I was thinking, "Maybe they're just cool, not close, but nah; they had a hype handshake and it ended with one of those homeboy hugs. I was trying to look like I was more into the music and was turned around dancing so I wasn't facing them and my casual boo decides I'm worthy enough to introduce to his boys. I make eye contact with the dude by accident and I could just see his eyes fall flat for his friend. As soon as I got home that night I texted him and came clean. I'm not sure if I got to tell him first, or if the other dude did."

Reaction: "I blocked him! Didn't get a Facebook message, an Instagram DM, a Snap, no nothing. So I guess I got my answer without seeing it."

7. Trav

Text sent: "I'm in love with my best friend's girlfriend's best friend. We're around each other a lot as a group but whenever I'm trying to get one on one time with her, she's always busy. So I sent her a text saying 'There is no time because there are no feelings. I'm not trying to fight, just saying my feelings."

Reaction: "I wasn't ashamed or anything. I said what I needed to say and will accept whatever the outcome may be."

8. Tre

Text sent: "My dad has always been big into football. I did the whole nine yards as a kid; played for the community, then my middle school, and my high school. Got to go to college for it and all. I didn't mind doing it when I was younger because it was something to do that made everyone happy. But football just was not my high life. After football season ended, I texted my dad that I can't do it anymore. Told him I'm coming home after the school year ends and doing community college for two years and transferring to a state school."

Reaction: "I almost cried for him. Football was a life he was living through me. I didn't want to kill that dream of his, but I couldn't sacrifice my personal happiness any longer."

9. Leti

Text sent: "My mom is Cuban and a very traditional Catholic. So even though I was raised in church and it constituted a big part of my life, once I finally moved away for college, literally once we hugged goodbye and she was out of sight, I texted my mom that I was lesbian. I had been holding it in my whole life."

Reaction: "I was shaking. Once I landed and settled into my dorm room with no reply still, I threw my phone then myself on the bed cried."

10. Jasmine

Text sent: "School year was ending and I knew I wouldn't see my crush again till move in day in four months. So I texted him at 3 a.m. on the dot so he knew I had been thinking of him, and told him I really liked him and hoped we could see each other through out the summer, despite the fact we live three hours apart, in the hopes that we could build something real.

Reaction: "Girl when I tell you hysteria pushed me to knock out five essays I had due by 9 a.m. the next day. I had breakfast, went to my classes as normal, had lunch, had one more class, had dinner, showered, and did not look at my phone again until I was in bed for the night."