10 Questions You Should Never Ask On A First Date

If you want a second date, then don't ask these questions. Just don't!

719
Twitter

I don't go on many dates, but based on my very minimal experience and the experiences of my friends, I have some sense of what not to ask on a first date. If you want a second date, then don't ask these questions. Just don't!

1. What is your salary?

Don't ask this question on a first date because if you do, you might be perceived as a gold digger.

2. Where are you really from?

If someone really wants to talk about their origins, let them, but don't just ask because it can be a bit awkward, especially on a first date.

3. How many people have you slept with?

A first date is getting to know each other on a surface level, and these are not the type of questions you automatically ask. You can ask at a later date, but please not on the first!

4. Who is going to pay for the check?

Asking who is paying for whatever the date entailed is just awkward. Just by the body language, you should be able to tell who is going to pay for the food or whatever it is without having to be abrupt.

5. Would you ever marry me?

This is the first date, don't ask if the person you are on a date with would marry you, don't put them on the spot like that. You just met!

6. If we had kids, they would be so cute, don't you think?

Just like the previous point, you just met, so talking about babies just doesn't seem rational.

7. Can I post a picture of us on Instagram?

Posting a picture on Instagram with a significant other is actually a huge commitment because you are essentially telling the whole world who you are dating. Posting a picture of your first date is not a good idea because you don't really know where this "love" will take you, and you don't want to jinx anything.

8. Do you love me?

This person just met you, and love is a strong word, so please don't put anyone on the spot. It takes time to develop love, so don't ask such questions.

9. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate me?

Asking someone to rate you is just weird on both ends. The person wants to be truthful, but also if they are too truthful they might hurt your feelings if they don't say the right thing. It's just awkward.

10. So what now?

Instead of asking, what to do next, you should just let things naturally occur.

In the end, just go with the flow and don't try too hard but don't give minimal effort either, just be yourself!

From Your Site Articles