10 Questions For Season 4 Of 'Orange Is The New Black'

Who will return, and who will head to max?

20
Wikia

With season four right around the corner, there are still lots of questions that 'Orange is the New Black' fans hope to gain answers to in another new action-packed season. Season three left us with questions that we had hoped would be answered before the end of the 13th episode. Where on Earth did Bennett go? What about Nicky? What became of the relationship between Polly and Larry? Here I am going to bring up some great fan questions and answer them in the only way I can — with a theory.

1. Will Morello finally have the love life that she wants?

So, we all saw the cute prison wedding between Morello and her pen pal crush. The question is — will this relationship last? We all know her past history with Chris and that, of course, he never really loved her, but it seems as though this guy really might love her. She has to be one of the sweetest characters in the show and for her sake, I hope that it does. And I hope him beating up Chris doesn't come back to haunt both of them.

2. Will Red run the kitchen again?

Red being in the kitchen gave her a sense of meaning while being locked up. She truly had a passion for feeding the girls, and you could tell. Losing her kitchen changed her, as we saw with the whole Vee thing. She is back in the kitchen, but the question is, will it ever really be her food again? I doubt that she will ever be able to convince a company that feeding inmates like they used to is cost effective. The bagged slop seems to be their idea of saving money while still providing a good meal. For the girls' sake, I hope Red is at least allowed to maybe add sides of what they grow in the garden or something, because that bag stuff looks nasty — even for prison.

3. How could they let Nicky get sent away?!

Nicky was a very popular character throughout the first seasons and brought a lot of attitude to the show. I get it — she got blamed for hard drugs and went to max. But how can you ditch a character with so much character!?! Even if she never comes back to the regular prison, can we at least have like a side note update? She was a major part of Piper becoming prison Piper and it seems wrong to have written her off with little talk about her after. As a fan I hope she returns, but I doubt she will.

4. Where the hell did Bennett go!?!

Bennett leaving the way he did was crazy! You can't just dump a crib on the side of the road and literally never return to anything, not even your job! I thought for sure that this would be a great love story despite the prison walls keeping them apart. I was hoping that he would man up and take the baby. Of course, I was very wrong. All I can say is that I hope he had nothing to do with the house raid when the baby was taken away as well. This is still his baby, after all! I couldn't believe that little to no mention was brought up about him after his disappearance. Fans can only help that he returns this season and claims the baby that is his.

5. How far will the Norma cult go?

A completely silent character has spoken hugely in season 3 as a whole. The Norma cult gave many of the girls insight on freedom and their own lives. While never saying a thing, Norma managed to help many of the girls keep hope alive while serving their time. As for my thoughts, I think it might come out that Norma was actually a "sheep" in a cult before her prison time. I feel as though this will end the cult movement and send Norma back to Red and the kitchen.

6. Will Healy ever be happy?

Healy has done nothing but try to help the girls as well as his mail-order bride. He tries so hard to make other people happy. His safe place project made him so happy, but of course that did not last very long. Maybe now that jobs are changing hands he will gain a higher-up job and become happier in the jail setting. As a fan I wish Red and Healy would get together, but at the end of season three it seems Red gave a clear message of only friendship. He is such a nice guy all around and I hope that season four brings him some happiness and Olive Garden.

7. Will SoSo finally find a friend?

SoSo was such a random add-in character and in the beginning I felt as though I wouldn't like her, but she quickly became a favorite of mine. Her struggle with her time so far in prison with her depression — it is an everyday struggle, but I could not imagine being in prison with it as well. At the end of season three we see some hope for SoSo when she is seen swimming in the lake with the group, including Poussey, who helped her recover from her overdose. We can only hope that season four brings her more than just one friend.

8. What will become of the baby?

We can't help but feel that the baby should have been given to "pornstache's" mother, Delia. Season four will hold the fate of the baby and hopefully it won't be in foster care. I hope that is still a way that someone who can care for the baby gets to keep her until Dyanara is in prison. We could only hope that it is Bennett, but I doubt that. If Dyanara's mother hadn't called and lied, I would have a better feeling about Delia getting her, but I doubt it now. For the baby, the only thing we can hope for is a good home in season four.

9. Will we ever see Mendez again?

Mendez now knows that the baby isn't his (whether he believes it or not), but does that mean he could get free? Will he get free? It seemed as though his mother had some interest in getting him out, but he didn't seem very into the idea. I don't think we will ever see him again working in the prison. I feel bad for him in a way. He wants to be a father if the baby is his, but he is getting the worst end of the deal. He literally went to prison for someone else's baby along with two adults' bad idea. In season four, fans can only hope something happens to bring us a little more story about Mendez and his mother.

10. Will we hear more about Polly and Larry's relationship?

I could have called this relationship coming a mile away. Of course Larry would fall in love with Polly. I mean, his girlfriend is in prison hooking up with girls — why can't he, right? Wrong. Literally any other person would have been better than Polly, but what happened, happened. Not that I am interested in their story, but it seems as though Piper never gets visitors or calls from people other than her business partner brother. It seems a little wrong that it all ended up that way. Piper will probably literally be homeless when she gets out. She will have no friends and no boyfriend, and we can only assume little contact with her parents. Hopefully Piper can turn her outside relationships around before she gets out!

Will these questions get answered in season four? We will have to watch to find out! I cannot wait to start the next season and see how adding new inmates will change the feel of the prison. Hopefully favored characters will remain present and maybe a few old ones will return. For now, all we can do is wait until the season starts.

The new season starts on Netflix June 17th.