10 Questions College Students Will Be Asked Over Break

No, Aunt Margret, I do not have a boyfriend yet.

9

The holidays are fantastic. There's time for turkey, caroling, presents, and bombarding college students with questions. These students should start preparing now to answer these questions.

1. “How’s School Going?”

I write 3 papers a week, typically spend 20 hours studying, and am forced to sit through hours of lectures. It’s fine.

2. “Do You Have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend?”

No, but every person around me is happily in love, thanks for reminding me.

3. “What is Your Major?”

Well, right now it’s *insert major*, but the average college student changes their major 4 times, so I'm sure it will be different next time I see you.

4. “What do you plan to do after graduation?”

I don’t even know what I'm doing in two days let alone in 4 years.

5. “How are your grades this semester?”

At this point, the college student will change the subject as quickly as possible.

6. “Do you have any internships set up ?”

Once again, you’re asking too much of me. I plan on putting this off until it is completely necessary.

7. “Have you been partying at college?”

If I was partying, when would I ever have time to study!

8. “How are you doing financially?”

The funds are low and my bank account is in single digits… let’s just not talk about it.

9. “What have you been doing with your free time?”

I know what you want to hear, but I'm sorry to disappoint you. What little time I have to relax has been spent binge-watching.

10. “Have you made a lot of new friends?”

Hopefully, the answer to this one is yes. In addition, there are some pretty crazy stories to be told about the people you meet in college.

College is a fun time, but it's also very stressful. There is an overwhelming pressure to be successful, and the holidays are pretty much a time for people to check in on your level of success. It's okay to not have everything figured out yet.

Want to have your voice heard? Interested in joining the Influencers of New Jersey community? Request an invite here.