10 Problems You've Had As A UCF Knight | The Odyssey Online

10 Problems You've Had As A UCF Knight

Being a Knight comes with its challenges but we love being one anyways!

260
10 Problems You've Had As A UCF Knight
UCF Give Black and Gold Youtube

Ah, the University of Central Florida. You know it, you love it, but you have to admit-- there can be a lot of problems in the day-to-day life of a Knight. UCF is one of the greatest schools out there, in my (honest and definitely not biased) opinion, but it has its problems. No, let's not call them problems, let's call them... quirks. There are certain things every UCF student knows to be true about the "quirks" of our university, but nonetheless, we are each just as proud as the next person to be a Knight.

1. Parking... need I say more?

Parking on campus is an absolute nightmare. I'm sure it's not just a UCF problem, but it just seems to be the worst around here. You basically have to pull a move like the gif below to get a spot anywhere.

2. The jaywalking fine.

Ah, good ol' $62.50. Now, I haven't been charged with this fine, but I've definitely seen people caught in the act. "Yeah, mom, I have this crazy new lab fee that's $62.50. I know, it's insane, right?" Just wait for the light to change!

3. There is never anywhere to sit on campus... ever.

Whether you're visiting the library, the student union, Starbucks, or even class, finding somewhere to sit and work (or eat) is a challenge within itself. Petition to build more seating, please?

4. It takes SO LONG to walk across campus.

UCF or Jakku? Especially in the summer heat, this is the worst. It takes a solid 15 minutes at the pace of a man-in-a-hurry to get from one end of campus to another. 60,000 student problems, I guess.

5. The line at Chick-fil-a.

There is never a time when Chick-fil-a isn't crowded. I'm talking at least a 20-minute wait just to get to a cashier, but it's so worth it. "Jesus chicken", why do you have to be so yummy?

6. No wifi on Memory Mall.

I just want to enjoy the fresh air and do my homework, gosh dang it! Why doesn't the wifi reach the extra 10 yards from Starbucks to the grass?

7. Football season is way too short.

Sure, the Knights don't have the best record in the land when it comes to winning football games, but they sure are fun. If anything, we should have the best record for school spirit. Football season just isn't long enough for my taste.

8. Wednesdays at the Student Union.

Headphones in, head down, do not make eye contact. Wednesdays are the worst. (Especially during the election season. Don't even get me started.) No, I don't want popcorn, no, I don't have any change to donate, and yes, I do know our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Just let me get to class in peace!

9. The buildings are so. freaking. cold.

I get that it's hot outside, but do our classrooms really need to be -1000 degrees? I didn't sign up for Arctic Training 101, guys.

10. Getting run over by skateboarders/bikers/scooter-ers/etc.

Yeah, this has definitely happened to me more than once, and has probably happened to most of us Knights. Be careful out there.

All images from Giphy.