10 Things I Prefer to Do Than Go to a Party

Call me "lame," but I'd rather do any of these things than go to a party.
248

I've never been much of a party goer. In high school and in college, they've never intrigued me or been where I'd enjoy spending my time. These are just a few of the things I'd rather do than party.

1. Read a book and tackle my endless TBR pile.

I'm an avid reader and my TBR (to be read) list continues to grow exponentially without my knowing. I have multiple shelves on my bookshelf dedicated to books I haven't read yet, and I'm much rather stay at home and conquer that than spend my time out.

2. Watch HGTV or ESPN.

Maybe it's the 80 year old woman living inside of my 19 year old body, but I'd prefer to stay in and watch HGTV and debate which house the couple on House Hunters is going to pick, or watch any sport on ESPN. It fulfills and entertains me much more.

3. Play with my cats.

I'm a crazy cat lady, and I wear that title proudly, so I think this is kind of self-explanatory.

4. Do homework.

This is probably a shock to most, and a lot of people would totally rather go out than stay in and do homework, but I've always been the nerd in school who enjoyed it and didn't mind the homework I had to do when I got home. I like learning, and I'd rather catch up on school over the weekend and make sure I'm ahead than stress myself over the work I've put off over the time I've spent out.

5. Clean out my dresser.

I don't particularly enjoy this, but I'd still prefer this over partying.

6. Color coordinate my closet.

I do this often. It's so oddly satisfying opening my closet and seeing my clothes organized by color and type (long sleeved, short sleeved, etc.) and I secretly enjoy doing it. Fun fact: my bookshelf is organized by color, too.

7. Wash my car.

I don't hate doing this, but I don't enjoy it, either. Still more appealing to me than partying though.

8. Paint.

My best friend is the one who sparked my love of painting and it's something she and I do together. It's much more fun going to her house and painting together and watching Netflix than going out with a ton of people who I don't know.

9. Bake.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best cook, but I can make some mean brownies, and I'd rather bake seven dozen brownies than leave my house.

10. Write.

Obviously I enjoy writing, since I do write for the Odyssey. I have my junior AP English teacher to thank for that. Since taking the class, I've been writing more than I was before and it's very relaxing and therapeutic. Writing is something I would recommend to everyone whether or not they like to go out and party. Writing gives your thoughts life and is a place for your jumbled ideas, and sometimes the page is the only one who listens.

I feel like I should add this disclaimer at the bottom: I am by no means saying that if you enjoy to go out and party that there is anything wrong with it or that the way you choose to spend your free time is wrong and you should be doing something more productive. It personally just is not for me.