10 Places To Visit In Colorado

10 Places To Visit In Colorado

Colorado is home to some amazing places.

95
10 Places To Visit In Colorado
allflagsworld

Colorado is 104,185 sq. miles, which means there are so many things to do and see in this great state! Here's a list of ten places to see and visit!

1. Denver

Denver is home to many amazing and fun things! Check out all the museums, there's one for everyone! Stop by the zoo. The Pepsi center is home to the Denver Nuggets and the Avalanche, maybe you can see a game! If you're visiting during baseball season check out Coors Field, Rockies games are a blast! Or see if there's a tour at mile high stadium, you might even run into your favorite Bronco player! If you're looking for some awesome food, Denver will have it! There are so many restaurants you'll find yourself having to pick! Voodoo doughnuts is AMAZING and Denver is home to one of the few locations!

2. Red Rocks Amphitheater

This is the ultimate destination! Red Rock is a completely outdoor amphitheater. The concerts there are so great because the music bounces off the rocks surrounding you. If you can't make it to a concert, you can always head there to work out! There's always people running up the stairs or doing yoga on the rocks.

3. Boulder

Boulder, home to the CU Buffs is a lot of fun too! Personally I love to hike up the flatirons, there's an amazing view from the top! Boulder has so many unique places to eat so if you're in the mood for some new food, take a trip to Boulder. Almost every week there's a farmers market and local small business around the area so check those out too, you never know what you might find!

4. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

Located in Colorado Springs is probably one of the best zoos out there. This small zoo is known for their giraffes. Why? YOU CAN FEED THEM!!! They also have many other cute animals and I promise you'll have a fun filled day there. Below is a real picture of me feeding my new best friend; he was really sweet and loves lettuce!

5. Hanging Lake

I've never been there myself, but Hanging Lake is infamous in Colorado. I mean just look at the picture below and you'll understand why! It's a bit of a hike but the view is totally worth it.

6. Fruita and Palisade

Fruits and Palisade are small towns with a lot to offer! Both are home to great fruit and wine. Palisade is known for their amazing peaches! Downtown Fruita is also home to one of my favorite pizza places, The Hot Tomato Café.

7. Grand Junction and the Colorado National Monument

Grand Junction is home to Colorado Mesa University (woohoo!) and the beautiful Colorado National Monument. The monument is a great place to hike, camp or even just drive through. The rock formations will leave you in awe! Check out a CMU sporting event or check out downtown for local restaurants, shops and fun!

8. The Ski Towns

Breckenridge, Vail, Keystone, Aspen, Telluride, Steamboat and more are the most popular places in Colorado, especially in the winter. The skiing and snowboarding in the Colorado Rockies is marvelous! The towns are also super adorable and full of local restaurants and shops.

9. Buea Jo's Pizza in Idaho Springs

The other favorite pizza place of mine! They have more locations throughout the state but nothing compares to the Idaho Springs location! The pizza is incredible, and the view and vibes there are wonderful too! Just across the highway you can see the waterfall and the old water wheel. It's a beautiful sight.

10. Mesa Verde

Mesa Verde is full of rich history. A city built into the rocks will blow your mind! A word of advice, don't wear white because the red rocks will get your clothes dirty. While you're on that side of the state, drive down to Four Corners and stand in four states at once!!

There are plenty of other hidden gems in Colorado just waiting for you! So come visit! But the keyword is visit.. us Coloradans don't want more people living here, the traffic to go see one of these places is getting bad! Enjoy your adventure!