Growing up my friends always asked what it was like to go to school where your parents taught. And at first it was awkward because I was awkward but as I grew up it became one of the best things about high school.
1. If you forget to get something signed or don't have lunch money they are right down the hall.
Honestly it was probably the most convenient and most abused part of being a teachers kid.
2. You can always get a hug if you need one.
Ya know those bad days where you just needed your mom? Yeah, mine was just down the hallway.
3. The other teachers love you.
When you're a teachers kid every other teacher just assumes you're responsible.
4. You knew the lay out of the school before you even stepped inside.
I mean you practically grew up there so you knew the fastest ways to class.
5. Your parents were always there for homework help.
And if they couldn't help they knew just the teacher who could.
6. Sometimes you got called out to go get them food or coffee.
More often than not you suggested the adventure but hey you still got out of school.
7. You always knew the school secrets and the teacher gossip.
Teacher politics are a weird thing man.
8. You usually got into the school sporting events for free.
Only because you used their facility ID but I mean who really cares. Right?
9. They always knew just what say when it came to that annoying teacher you didn't like.
You didn't like all of your teachers but they knew how to talk you off the deep end and help you learn even though you didn't get the subject.
10. And if something was wrong or you needed them they were right there.
Bad day, stupid people being stupid, not enough sleep, or any of the above you could just go down the hall talk to them and they would make it all better.
So yeah, at first it was awkward but before you knew it you loved having your parents at the same school as you.