10 Perfect Sunset Spots On Long Island

10 Perfect Sunset Spots On Long Island

The perfect end to a summer day.

47486
10 Perfect Sunset Spots On Long Island
abbotart.com

One of my favorite things to do during the summer is to drive down to the beach at dusk and wait for the sun to set. The sunset never fails to be absolutely stunning. Whether you've spent all day at the beach or want to go somewhere for a mini road trip, these are some of my favorite spots to get the perfect summer sunset view on Long Island.

1. Robert Moses State Park

Robert Moses is the ocean beach I visit the most and is always a popular beach for Suffolk residents. The drive over the bridge is also stunning.

2. Long Beach

Located in Nassau County, this beach is known for its long boardwalk and has some of the best sunsets on LI.

3. Centerport Beach

A smaller North shore beach, Centerport beach has beautiful views of the sound.

4. Gilgo Beach

This is one of my favorite beaches, not only for the amazing views, but the cool graffiti decorating the tunnel to walk in.

5. Ditch Plains, Montauk

One of the most famous beaches on LI, this is a must visit during a summer trip in Montauk.

6. Caumsett State Park

Although it's a little bit of a hike to get to the beach in this park, the sunset is always very pretty. Just have a flashlight for your hike back to the car!

7. Fire Island

If you can time your ferry to the sunset, you'll have an amazing view back to the mainland. However if not, Fire Island has hundreds of gorgeous sunset spots from just about anywhere.

8. Sunken Meadow State Park

A huge beach with beautiful views of Connecticut and lots of hiking trails as well to do during the day. There's also a large boardwalk to walk along the beach.

9. West Neck Beach

My summer job. I've seen too many sunsets to count at this cute little North shore beach.

10. Captree State Park

This state park not only has a huge marina but the beach also has gorgeous views of the bridge to Robert Moses.