Montauk's best spots for the weekend

11 Can't Miss Spots in Montauk, NY

Just a few of the gems that make this little beach town more than just a beach town.

576
11 Can't Miss Spots in Montauk, NY
Colleen Hehir

Montauk, the end of the world as it is occasionally called, is arguably the best place in the world. Ok, maybe I'm biased, but it is pretty great. As the easternmost area of Long Island, NY, Montauk is surrounded by water, spectacular views, and is filled with incredible hidden gems. From local hangouts to tourist traps, everyone can find a piece of Montauk that they will likely carry with them for years to come; maybe even some of these places…

The beach!

Colleen Hehir

I know what you're thinking, "You can find beaches anywhere, what makes Montauk so special?" Well, how many places have ocean beaches, lakes, AND beaches on the sound for those of us who don't enjoy getting pummeled by waves, all within a five minute drive of each other? These beaches are incredibly gorgeous, spacious, and the perfect spot for a bonfire or cookout. Just don't forget to pick up your trash, let's keep our beaches beautiful, people!

Mr. John's Pancake House

Instagram: ces_tres_bien_486

If you're looking for breakfast, few places do it better than Mr. John's Pancake House. Restaurants can come and go in Montauk, but John's is practically a landmark right in the middle of the town, and a must on your list of pit-stops if you ever visit. The chocolate chip pancakes are to die for.

Pizza Village

Instagram: newyorkpie

Gee, a New Yorker suggesting a New York pizza parlor, what a shock, right? I don't care, Pizza Village is the best, and, like John's Pancake House, it is also a staple to the Montauk area because it is one of the few restaurants that has stood the test of time, not to mention the high expectations of all of the native New Yorkers looking to get their fill of New York pizza way out east.

Inlet Seafood

Instagram: augeepogee

Being owned and operated by a hand full of Montauk's own fishermen, the food doesn't get better or fresher than what you'll get at Inlet. Not to mention the views of the sunset from the deck that overlooks the water are rivaled by few other restaurants.

The Montauk Lighthouse

Colleen Hehir

Whether you're just looking at it from afar or climbing up its 137 steps to the top, Montauk's lighthouse is surely a favorite of everyone who visits. From the dead of winter to summer heatwaves, the Lighthouse never disappoints, especially when it is lit up not only in the tower, but when lights are covering the tower house as well during the holidays.

The Windmills

Instagram: easthamptoncottage

Ok, so maybe this one isn't exactly IN Montauk, but they are in the Hamptons and that may be what I love about them. The windmills are classic and are the first sign that Montauk is within reach and just a few more miles away. Not only that, they're also beautiful and so photogenic you can't help but snap a picture.

Gosman's Dock

Instagram: gosmans_montauk

From restaurants to shops, Gosman's has it all. Nothing beats an evening spent on the docks, perusing the shops, and finishing the night with ice cream from Ben and Jerry's. And, if you're lucky enough, you might even catch some of the live bands that perform in the Gazebo in the central lawn.

Puff and Putt

Instagram: Puffnputt

Mini golf right on the water, what's not to love? Though the course is a bit simple compared to others, it's the views, the memories, and the time shared with the people you love that makes Puff and Putt one of the best spots in Montauk. But there's more to Puff and Putt than just mini golf. Arcade games, kayak rentals, paddle boat rentals, and more are also a huge draw to the small waterfront business.

Fudge N' Stuff

Instagram: Fudgenstuff

Everyone's sweet tooth kicks in every once in a while, and Fudge N' Stuff is the perfect place to satisfy those cravings. Though it's a small storefront, the sweets inside never disappoint and everyone can find something suited to their tastes. From fruity to chocolaty, Fudge N' Stuff has it all.

Montauk Brewing Company

Instagram: Montaukbrewco

Although this small, local brewery is only 6 years old, the owners have made quite a name for themselves in the intimidating beer world of Long Island. The young founders of the company created a small, yet finely tuned menu of beers and, from the Driftwood Ale to the Wavechaser IPA, none of them are likely to disappoint. Though the brewery is small, its a local hotspot to sit down for a beer and hang out. The company logo is also pretty cool depicting an arrow head in a nod to the rich Native American history of Montauk and Long Island as a whole.

The Montauk Craft Fair

Instagram: Montaukhistoricalsociety

Since the 70's, locals of Long Island have been gathering to the grounds of the Montauk Historical Society house for the annual craft fair to buy and sell hand-madeproducts. With a wide variety of vendors and buyers, the craft fair hosts anyone from high end art buyers/collectors to kids looking for a souvenir from their vacation to Montauk. Whether you're looking for home decor, clothing, or beach-life essentials, everyone can find something they love at the craft fair, but make sure you plan accordingly because the fair only sticks around for a week or two every summer. And don't forget your sunscreen, you might be there a while.

Although this isn't a complete list of all of the best spots and hidden gems Montauk has to offer, if you ever find yourself wandering the streets of the little drinking village with a fishing problem, these spots are definitely ones you can't miss.

From Your Site Articles