10 New Artists That You Need To Know Before It's Too Late

Get the lowdown on these artists before they blow up and become the next big thing.

526
www.wirefm.com

One of the things that I'm most thankful for is that I am able to find music that speaks to me and always seems to come to me at the time I need it most. I would love for other people to get that same feeling.

So, in the hopes that I can do the same for the world, I have compiled a list of some of today's rising stars. None, of these are even close to big names, but there is the possibility that some may be familiar. Hopefully, you discover some cool new music and share it with your friends.

10. Kiiara

First up, I'm starting with an artist that is already grabbing the attention of local radio stations. You may have heard her debut hit "Gold" and thought 'What the heck is this?'

I discovered the song late last year when Kiiara still only had a few songs on Soundcloud. "Gold" was the song gaining the most attention mostly for it's glitch-pop beat. The main hook is a sampling of Kiiara's chopped up vocals so it's mostly unclear what is being said. That however, isn't a problem since it makes the beat of the song that much more addicting.

She released her debut EP "low kii savage" earlier this year in March. The collection of dark, electronic songs includes 'Gold' as well as another popular track of hers "Feels." If you decide to listen, the standouts are "Tennessee" and "Intention" and you won't be disappointed.

9. Ruelle

Ruelle is a Nashville based singer/songwriter with a more mature, darker form of pop music. Sure, the name may not seem familiar at first, but there is almost a guarantee that you've heard her music somewhere recently.

Ruelle's music is heavily played in media, mostly television shows. If you watched any episode of the Freeform original series, Shadowhunters a different Ruelle song was playing for you. My personal favorite "Monsters," a more uptempo track, was featured in the pilot as well as on the MTV series Scream.

"I Get To Love You" was used in the previously mentioned Shadowhunters as well The Vampire Diaries and even on the most recent season of Dancing With The Stars when winner Nyle Dimarco and Sharna performed the Waltz.

Even if you don't watch any of those shows, you're bound to hear her music soon enough. Hey, rumor has it that her song "Take It All" is in the new Walking Dead trailer.

8. Hayley Kiyoko

For many of you, Hayley Kiyoko is a familiar name. She wasn't a main actress on Disney Channel but she got her name out there starring in Lemonade Mouth and having a recurring role on Wizards of Waverly Place. Well, something that you probably didn't expect is that she makes music. Another thing, it's really good.

A few years back she released an EP titled "A Belle To Remember" that featured a more indie vibe but with pop influences. Yeah, I expected cheesy Disney pop music but Kiyoko completely separated herself from any Disney cliches.

Fast-forward to 2015 and Kiyoko releases her glorious second EP "This Side Of Paradise" gaining attention for the video of the very important "Girls Like Girls." The song not only sounds good but provides a great message in support of the LGBT community. Kiyoko continues this support with follow-up video "Cliff's Edge" where she casts a female love interest for herself.

"This Side of Paradise" and "Rich Youth" are other great songs to listen to.

7. POWERS

POWERS is a duo consisting of Mike Del Rio and Crista Ru. On their Facebook page they describe their music genre as 'soul,' and it's hard not to agree. Any fan of disco or oldies music could groove to the beats that POWERS throws down.

The first song I heard from a Spotify playlist was "Legendary" and boy, was it. Not even halfway through the song, I wanted more. Luckily, the duo has an EP correctly titled "Legendary" where they have even groovier songs like "Hot" and "Beat Of My Drum."

POWERS gives the perfect listen if you want to have a dance party with your friends or if you're just feeling nostalgic.

6. Allie X

I'll just come right out and say it, Allie X is a pop queen! Sure, her view counts are less than stellar but she is more than ready to break into the mainstream.

Allie X isn't just your average bubble gum pop cookie cutter star, she makes pop music the way it should be. If you don't believe then check out her first release "COLLXTION I" and listen to her breakout hits "Catch" and "Prime."

Now Allie X is working on "COLLXTION II" but enlisting help from her fans. She's posting everything she's recorded in a playlist on Spotify and asking fans to help her pick the tracks for it.

"All The Rage" is the song I encourage you to listen to the most from the new album.

5. BØRNS

BØRNS is truly one of the best new artists. I don't know if it's his voice, his sound or his lyrics, but he is someone you need to keep your eye on.

His debut album "Dopamine," doesn't even seem like a debut, BØRNS has already mastered the alternative rock formula. Songs like the incredible "10,000 Emerald Pools" and dazzling "American Money" seem effortless.

Lead single "Electric Love" is a song already loved by media being featured in commercials and movies ensuring you there is no escape from this incredible artist. Literally listen to any song and you'll agree.

4. Wet

Wet is one of the most promising groups in music, and these aren't only my words. Music website 'The Fader' said that about them too. I was given the gift of this band by a friend of mine and now I'm in love.

Wet is made up of members Kelly Zutrau, Joe Valle, and Marty Sulkow.Zutrau's soft vocals lead the band through music that I can only describe as calming. Each song has a very chill vibe to it that allows you to relax when listening.

The band's debut album "Don't You" is out and features the fantastic lead single "Deadwater" as well as other must-listens like "Don't Wanna Be Your Girl" and "It's All In Vain."

3. Oh Wonder

Now, Oh Wonder is a very interesting duo. A London based group made up of Josephine Vander Gucht and Anthony West, Oh Wonder is a strange alternative pop venture.

Their self-titled debut album wasn't released traditionally like most others. Thirteen of the songs were released each month before the initial release. Eventually each song was released as a single.

From the start, the two seemed much different. In every song, both members sing in unison with a simplistic backing beat. Some of the best tracks to check out would be "Dazzle" and "All We Do."

2. Zella Day

So as the list comes closer to its end, I get more and more excited. Zella Day is honestly one of my favorite new artists. I've told so many friends about her and I've added her to so many playlists.

She has such a cool mix of musical styles. She's alternative with a pop influence but with an indie personality. Weird, right?

My personal faves are "1965," very Lana Del Rey-esque and "High," an electro-pop jam that is sure to land on a major motion picture soundtrack. Other notable tracks include "East of Eden," "Hypnotic" and "Mustang Kids." In short, listen to any of her songs.

1. Dua Lipa

Finally, we reach No. 1. I have been waiting for so long to share my absolute favorite new artist with the world. Her name is Dua Lipa and I am very excited for her to break out onto the scene.

Lipa is such an amazing new voice in music. I discovered her when she only had two songs. (So, I have definitely claimed her as mine) Now she has a few more songs and millions of streams and video views. Her debut album is set to be released early next year and that just seems too far away.

Her biggest release too date, and my favorite is the incredible 90's inspired pop masterpiece "Be The One." If there is one song that I have shown to every single one of my friends and received positive feedback it is this one. Right when the chorus hits, you're a fan of this woman. What's more incredible is that the video for the song already has over 60 million views.

Pretty good for someone seemingly unknown.

Lipa's current single "Hotter Than Hell" is burning up the charts all over the world and is set to enter the North American market soon and become the song of the summer. If you don't believe then just listen below.