10 Netflix Shows We Should All Be Watching This Month

I'm giving you 10 Reasons Why.

74
tvline.com

I just recently upgraded my mattress and have not been able to leave my bed without some serious groaning in the last few weeks. My new comfy abode has allowed me to spend even more time on my laptop and especially more time on my favorite corner of the Internet, Netflix.

I ignored Netflix for a few months because I discovered On Demand which is the most glorious invention that cable TV has created since, well, cable itself. I mean, the ability to catch up on my favorite TV shows in a matter of DAYS after they were first aired?! Yes, please!

Then followed a few announcements about the April releases to begin streaming on Netflix. I could no longer stand the fact that Netflix reminded me that the last show I watched was Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life when it was released back in November. Yikes.

Here are some brand new shows that you must add to your watch-list:

1. 13 Reasons Why

If you were to watch any of the shows I am listing it should be this one. Originally a book by author Jay Asher, this first season of high school drama centers around the suicide of Hannah Baker and the thirteen reasons why she killed herself. Every difficult topic from rape to coming out is focused on throughout each episode. This show is just what society needs right now and the casting could not be more perfect.

2. The People vs OJ Simpson

Most of us 90s kids were barely a few years old or not even alive yet when OJ Simpson was arrested for the brutal murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman. The series documents the entire trial from OJ's "run of his life" to when the verdict was finally announced. You'll get a behind the scenes look into the lives of both the prosecution and the defense, and become more familiar with who really is "The Juice".

3. The BFG

On a lighter note, this Disney movie based on Roald Dahl's classic tale embarks on a journey between an orphan and a giant. Not only is there impressive CGI involved, but the story line will make your weekend a whole lot happier.

4. Louis C.K. 2017

First there was the release of Amy Schumer's comedy special, and now this month is belongs to the hilarious Louis C.K. His standup in this Netflix original is his boldest yet, according to critics. A definite must-watch if you already loved his FX show, Louie.

5. The Queen of Katwe

10-year-old Phiona learns how to play chess from a missionary in her Ugandian village and her entire world is changed forever. This beautiful story captures Phiona's determination to become a chess champion, all the while her mother, played by the talented Lupita Nyong'o, encourages her to boldly chase after her dreams.

6. Bill Nye Saves The World

Bill Nye is still and ALWAYS will be The Science Guy, and in 2017 he is attempting to save the planet because what else would Bill Nye be doing!? His new show won't be premiering for another few weeks (April 21st), but I am sure looking forward to reminiscing about the good 'ole days when I worshiped every word Bill Nye spoke. Ah, the 90s.

7.

8. Girlboss

Unlike most 20-something females I have yet to read Sophia Amoruso's autobiography, #GIRLBOSS. Books are expensive!! And just like her 22-year-old self I don't have much extra funds to spend recklessly. However, I am going to invest in watching the Netflix series because it's free. And no one understands living economically like Sophia. She started her company, Nastygal, after exploring the world of eBay where she sold up-cycled thrifted finds. If the show is going to be anything like the trailer promises, the audience is going to meet one heck of a rambunctious young adult, who just so happens to have the right idea at the right time. Check out the crazy trailer HERE.

9. Win It All

A friend leaves behind a duffel bag for him to watch until he's released from prison. There just so happens to be a lotttt of cash inside said bag. It's too bad Eddie Garrett likes to gamble because all of the cash slowly disappears. Jake Johnson, who plays Eddie, wants to "win it all" back and this series takes you on his wild and crazy journey.

10. Casting JonBenet

I am thoroughly intrigued by crime shows. The death of young JonBenet Ramsey is to this day an unsolved child murder case. This Netflix original will show the impact the case has had on the world we live in. So, who did it? The verdict is still out, but this documentary will keep you on the edge of your seat, err, couch.