10 Movies That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity

Inspirational movies are just what we need

1867
Jvoves

Movies are great pieces of art to watch. They provide us different perspectives and allow us to learn about life lessons they give us, especially when they inspire us. Faith can be difficult to retain. It is important to have faith in order to allow it to move mountains. Some film producers have the power to change our lives by creating films in order to show positive themes and give us more reasons to build and restore faith every day.

Here are 10 movies that restored my faith in humanity.

1. Forrest Gump

I was amazed by how this movie shows the titular character's accomplishments. He was respectful towards his mother and he was so sweet to Jenny as well. Despite being a slow-witted man, he did not allow discrimination or ableists to hold him back. Instead, he rose above by running, playing football in college, saving many lives in battles, becoming a ping-pong championship and a shrimp captain and a wonderful husband and father. This movie taught me to never be afraid to love, always try new things, and "don't ever let anybody tell you they're better than you" (quoted by Sally Field's character Forrest's mama).

2. It's a Wonderful Life

I love how this mind-blowing movie brings a religious theme throughout the plot. It is amazing how an angel guided Jimmy Stewart's character through a journey to show how life could be without him and how much of a great man he is more than he thinks.

3. Shrek franchise

Yes, I find this movie inspiring. The number one lesson of this brilliantly funny movie is to not judge a book by its cover. It shows that everyone can find love and intercultural relationships work. It changed my faith in humanity by conveying that despite your image, true love and friendship can find you.

4. Remember the Titans

This movie shows that attitude and teamwork are everything. It is important to respect people around you. Fighting does not solve anything. Instead, you must be the bigger person and make an effort by rising above and presenting leadership.

5. The Breakfast Club

Different worlds collide when a princess, an athlete, a bad boy, a basket case, and a nerd were forced into all day Saturday detention. This movie restored my faith in humanity because it shows the 5 different high school kids have problems behind their supposed images. People are not always what they seem. Don't ever feel less than you are since nobody is perfect.

6. October Sky

I watched this movie in science class and was amazed by the message of the movie. I was surprised it was also based on a real-life story. Homer, played by Jake Gyllenhaal, yearns to build rockets. Despite his father's strong disapproval, Homer and his friends continue to focus on their dreams and support from their teacher. I may not be a fan of science, but this did not stop me from admiring this film because of the theme of perseverance.

7. Good Will Hunting

This film depicts hardships of Will Hunting who was portrayed by Matt Damon. Despite not having the formal education, Will Hunting is a self-taught genius who could solve complex math problems that are even impossible for the MIT students. This changed my life by showing the iconic scene featuring Damon and Robin Williams in the Boston Public Garden. Williams's character was telling Will that life is not knowledge, but instead, it is about experiences. This movie shows that good people exist. For example, William's character gave up his World Series ticket, so he could just talk to a woman he just met, which was his future wife when he knew it was "love at first sight." Despite his wife dying of cancer, he never regretted giving his ticket up.

8. The Blind Side

Based on a true story, Sandra Bullock who plays a married mother of two children. She brings in a homeless 17-year-old boy, who was Michael Oher, into her home. This film follows Oher's impoverished life to his eventual rise to a football and educational career, especially with a supportive adoptive family.

9. Wonder

This heartwarming, dynamic movie shows every character's perspective throughout the plot. An adorable Jacob Trembly plays a little boy with facial differences who enters a traditional school for the first time. He is challenged with friendships and how his peers react to his condition. This story teaches us to never judge someone by appearance and your attitude and outlook of life defines your life and not the circumstances.

10. The Passion of the Christ

This film is undoubtedly the most powerful film I have ever seen in my life. When I was in 10th grade, my teacher had us watch it in religion class. He warned us that it has some unpleasant scenes and we were allowed to leave the classroom if it is too much for us to watch. I ended staying for the entire 2 days that the movie was being played, despite getting emotional about the entire movie. I liked how that Mel Gibson did not try to sugarcoat the film. Instead, the movie shows Jesus's sacrifice and pain in order to save us from our sins. Despite people being disappointed with the extreme violence, I was not upset with it. Instead, I was amazed because this film shows how much love Jesus has for us.