The Top 10 MOST Important Items For Your Camera Bag

If you know me you know that I love videography. But, sometimes, it can be hard to be a videographer if you don't have certain equipment. So after doing this for a few years, these are the items I have come up with as the most important.

1. A camera

I know it seems obvious, of course, you need a camera. But, the type of camera really matters. If you are vlogging, something as simple as your iPhone can work. But, if you're doing something more cinematic, a DSLR is what you will need.

2. Extra batteries

If you are at a shoot nothing is more frustrating than not having enough batteries. So be sure to buy some extra for your bag when you buy your camera.

3. Many memory cards

A close second to being the most frustrating is whenever you run out of space. So, be sure to have many memory cards that can be formatted to be used for your latest shoot.

4. Multiple stabilizers

There isn't one stabilizer that can do the trick for everything. Get yourself a Gorilla Pod for vlogging, get a monopod for sports and get a tripod for news or cinematic type shoots.

5. A good light

You cannot always count on good lighting. So, it's very important to have a way to fake good light. There are some amazing lights out there. But, sometimes, a reflector can do the trick. Don't forget about them.

6. An external microphone

Let's face it, the microphones on our phone or camera are not good enough. You have to get something external to boost that audio. Sometimes, you need a zoom mic, and sometimes, you need a rode mic.

7. A lens cleaner

Sometimes your lenses will get dirty. In order to prevent smudges on your footage, you HAVE to have something to clean the lens. A microfiber cloth will normally do the trick.

8. Gaffers tape

There are more uses for gaffers tape than Kim Kardashian knows. Many of the main uses are for camera work. You always need to have some tape with you in case something doesn't go as planned.

9. A way to charge up

If those batteries go dead, your shoot might. But, it will not if you have extra ways to keep charged with you.

10. A good shotlist

Every shoot will be a fail if you do not have a plan. You MUST keep something with you that says when, where, why and how!