10 Most Absurd Rappers In The Game

10 Most Absurd Rappers In The Game

Ever wonder which rap artists you can listen to for a good laugh? Look no further!

2334
10 Most Absurd Rappers In The Game
Pintrest

The genre of rap/hip-hop encompasses many different types of people, whether they're artists or fans. When the rap/hip-hop genre we know of today emerged in the late '80s into the early '90s, prolific artists like N.W.A., Run D.M.C., Tupac, Biggie Smalls, and LL Cool J were the faces of the genre. N.W.A. rapped about the frustrations of living in a society with systematic racism and pioneered the "Gangsta Rap" subgenre. Tupac rapped, amongst other things, about poverty, racism, inequality, and his rough childhood. Modern artists like Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole are seen as rappers with a message, but this style of rap seems to be a dying breed.

Today, rappers seem to only talk about how many girls they get, how much drugs and alcohol they consume, and how much money they have. It's not a necessarily bad thing; it's just repetitive. Before I begin my list of my "Top 10 Most Absurd Rappers," I should probably give my definition of "absurd." For an artist to be labeled as "absurd," here are my two criteria:

1. Their style or flow of rapping is unconventional, whether that be the sound of their voice and how it changes throughout the song, how fast or slow they rap, or how they decide to rap on a beat.

2. The second criteria is slightly more important to me, and that is lyrical content. These rappers have some of the strangest and funniest metaphors, similes, and just plain lyrics I have ever listened to and the more absurd the better.

Disclaimer: Before I begin the list I just want to say that I genuinely enjoy listening to all of these artists and I don't mean to offend. I am just acknowledging how ridiculous they are.

Honorable Mention: Future

Example Lyrics:

"We be talking stick talk, we be talking bricks too, we be talking lick talk, and I'ma f*** your b**** too. I ain't got no manners for no s****, I'ma put my thumb in her butt" - "Stick Talk"

"A whole lotta lean, my nutrition, they should've told ya I had that drink on me...You the one duckin' from a drive by, my n***** unemployed sellin' Popeyes" - "I Serve the Base"

Future is an Atlanta rapper who is quickly becoming one of the most popular rappers in hip-hop. His heavily auto-tuned, deep voice is unique and is part of the reason why he is not the typical definition of a rapper. He doesn't have many absurd lyrics, but the combination of a few strange lines and his unconventional flow earns him an honorable mention on this list.

10. Rich Homie Quan

Example Lyrics:

"She got a Georgia peach on her rear end like a license plate, no rookie, girl scout cookie got me high today" - "Type of Way"

"When I get to biting on her ear she make that Tyson face" - "Type of Way"

"Baby I'm the hot dog you can be the relish" - "War Ready"

Rich Homie Quan is another Atlanta rapper who has been steadily becoming a mainstream hip-hop artist. His explicitly weird lines that I cannot put into print combined with the fact that you can almost never understand a word he's saying fits my definition of absurd. Many of his songs devolve into him mumbling incoherently almost like he's not allowed to move his lips when he raps, adding to his absurdity. A prime example of his mumbling is in his hit song "Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh)."

9. Waka Flocka Flame

Example Lyrics:

"B**** I'm 'bout that action, subtract 'em like a fraction" - "Bustin at 'Em"

"50 for the earrings, that's 100 for the pair, Versace on my ass two bands for my underwear... Sparkles on champagne Independence Day. I ain't really want your number, your friend look better anyway." - "I Don't Really Care"

Waka Flocka Flame, another rapper from Atlanta (real original, I know), came onto the scene with his breakout single "No Hands" back in 2010 and has been pretty irrelevant since. He, along with many rappers on this list, has numerous explicitly strange lyrics that I cannot write down, so check out some of his other songs. The principal reason why he's on this list is because he loves screaming in his songs. The two ad-libs he screams almost nonstop are "Ball!" and "Brick Squad!" (if you don't believe me check the video link below). I feel like I'm being verbally assaulted any time I listen to Waka, which definitely makes him absurd.

8. YG

Example Lyrics:

"Throw it up, 9-3-4-8-6-1-6 I got a missed call from your b****!"- "Don't Tell 'Em"

"Or I could take you to the Blippers game, court side, floor side eatin' on Roscoe chicken wings" - "L.A. Love Remix"

"Hold up they ain't never on that b**** s***. F*** that chiclet, they on the corner with that biscuit' - "Vato"

YG is a rapper from Compton (or as he calls it, Bompton, being a member of the Bloods) whose breakout single "My N****" gained him international fame. He's worked with the likes of Drake, DJ Mustard, and Jeremih. His absurdity comes straight from his lyrics -- he does not have a particularly unique sound. However he often replaces words that begin with "C" to "B" because of his affiliation with the Bloods, which is pretty unique to him. Most of his absurd lyrics are ridiculously explicit. Some good songs to check out are "Bompton" and "Left, Right."

7. Danny Brown

Example Lyrics:

"Like Lieutenant Dan, I'm rolling" - "Dip"

"Hotter than a Hot Pocket out the devil microwave" - "Grown Up"

"Gerber bottles of that lean, tax on every sip" - "All My N****s"

"Put that Molly under my tongue, now she wanna french-kiss" - "Piss Test"

Danny Brown is a rapper from Detroit with one of the most distinguishable voices in hip-hop. His fast flow and high-pitched voice along with his raunchy lyrics earns him a spot on this list. His regular voice and the voice he uses for rapping are completely different. There are no funny comparisons I can make to describe what it's like listening to him because it's a journey like no other. Pigeonsandplanes.com has a top-ten list of his most absurd lyrics, which I highly recommend looking at.

6. Rae Sremmurd

Example Lyrics:

"Something 'bout them Ben Franklins make any b**** get naked." - "Blasé"

"Crew got the juice, b**** you don't need no chasers, ball on these n****s I need knee replacements." - "Blasé"

"I just popped a Senzu bean, I said I just popped a Senzu bean, momma where I leave my memory?" - "One Touch"

Rae Sremmurd is a hip-hop duo from Mississippi composed of brothers Swae Lee and Slim Jimmy known for their hit songs "Throw Sum Mo," "No Flex Zone," "This Could Be Us." and more. Like many of the rappers on this list they have plenty of questionable, explicit lyrics everyone needs to listen to at least once in their lifetime. They don't have as many absurd lyrics as some of these other artists (except when making a Dragonball Z reference with Senzu bean), but their absurdity lies in their sound.

These guys are relatively young (Slim Jimmy is 22; Swae Lee is 20) and it shows in their rapping. Their rap discusses smoking weed, doing drugs, getting girls, and getting money, nothing special. But, they're especially absurd because they sound like 14-year-old kids rapping about all these things that are way above their maturity level. Their voices are whiny and crackly, reminiscent of budding teenage boys. Voice cracks are not an uncommon theme in their songs. Listeners half expect Rae Sremmurd's songs to get interrupted by their mom scolding them for rapping about these obscene things and telling them to go do their homework.

5. E-40

Example Lyrics:

"I'm toasted and sloppy, I f*** with broccoli Bacardi, Bacardi 151 on my body, about that green like wasabi." - "Function"

"She take after her auntie, got her mind on my money. Tattoo on her tummy, booty hella chunky. Every time I see her she look nicer and nicer, haters throw shade like a sun visor.' -"Saved"

"Like Ricky Ross, every day I'm hustlin', gettin' off weight (like who?) Jennifer Hudson. Pack a hammer, Thor. Shooter, score." - "They Point"

"Whole seat-ers, her booty bigger than a Prius. Hellathick she get it from her mother, yellow bone say her complexion is butter. Dime piece two nickels, nipples poking out like missiles" - "Red Cup"

E-40 is definitely one of my favorite rappers just from some of the quotes above (don't worry, he has so many more great lines than this). He's been in the rap game for a long time (his first album was released in 1990), but he's just as relevant as ever. Hailing from California's Bay Area, E-40 manages to have hilarious lines without being too explicit. His lyrical content has him high up on the list, but his silky smooth, buttery voice adds to his absurdity. His ad-libs are just as absurd, yelling "Bitch!," "40!," and even sometimes giving us a seductive moan/groan before and after he goes in on a verse.

4. Juicy J

Example Lyrics:

"Lookin' for some chickens that can work it on the track, I'm just tryna get a mill I ain't tryna be a mack. Posted up in the club wit a pocket full of crack" - "Side 2 Side"

"My pockets somethin' serious, mansion on that hilly. Man that n**** got more cheese than a Philly. Shoelace tied but a n**** still trippin', I'm Lionel Richie high, I'm dancing on the ceiling" - "They Point"

"H**s like a doorknob everybody gets a turn." - "For Everybody"

"My chick look like Nia Long, your chick look like Miss Piggy" - "With Ur Love Remix"

"Little mama got the whole club looking, A** thicker than a bowl of pudding" - "Show Ya P****"

Juicy J is a prolific rapper from Memphis and was originally part of the rap group Three 6 Mafia. He's been around for a while like E-40. His smooth, deep voice somewhat adds to his high placement, but it's pretty much based strictly on his lyrical content. Along with the quotes above, xxlmag.com released a list of his top 25 best lines on his most recent album "Stay Trippy," a highly recommended read. This list will give you a better idea of how lewd and absurd he can be.

3. Young Thug

Example Lyrics:

"If the cops pull up I put the crack in my crack or I put the brack in my brack." - "Check"

"I'm banging red like strawberries I told your b**** ain't goin' steady. My weed is loud and you smokin' libraries, I got a thing for that fetish, All my diamonds green like lettuce." - "Imma Ride"

"Take them boys to school, swagonometry. B**** I'm bleeding bad like a bumble bee." - "Best Friend"

"Come here ho, mistletoe, I got birdies [long pause] crows." - "Throw Sum Mo"

"All of my weed look like fungus, all of my weed smell like fungus." - "Disfunction"

Young Thug is a rapper that just recently came onto the scene and is known for his songs with Rich Gang, his own songs like "Best Friend" and "Check," and also on Rae Sremmurd's "Throw Sum Mo." Thug grew up in Atlanta and is getting more attention by the day. His spot high on this list is due to his nonsensical and sometimes explicit lyrics, but more so the fact that he is impossible to understand most of the time. His voice is very high-pitched and he mumbles over songs. It wouldn't be surprising to me if he doesn't speak English whenever he raps too quickly. Either way, check out his music.

2. Migos

Example Lyrics:

"I'm a vegetarian, all I want is lettuce and some broccoli, mansion out in Beverly, yo b**** call me 'your majesty'" - "Looking For You"

"The way that I whip it no Chef Boyardee they wanna know the recipe... Macaroni cottage cheese, 20 bands in my Bolmain jeans." - "Trap Problems"

"Roll up a Backwood and stuff it with cookie dough...You n****s know and you better remember me... just call me Elmo cause y'all n****s tickle me." - "Everybody on the Floor"

"I'm giving the molly to Hannah Montana, I'm pourin' the lean in my Tropicana" - "Whippin A Brick"

"Hit it with the left, hit it with the right, you can call me Quavo Larry Holmes" - "Get Home"

"Pockets enormous calling me Norbit, take it from Migos I'm makin' Tostitos illegal, I might get deported" - "Bricks"

"I am no rookie, I'm smoking on cookies. She see that my pockets is fatter than Snooki" - "Show Ya P****"

Migos is a hip-hop/rap trio from Atlanta composed of members Quavo, Takeoff, and Offset. All of them are related (Quavo is Takeoff's uncle, and Offset is Quavo's cousin) and are best known for their songs "Hannah Montana," "Versace," and "Fight Night." These guys deserve more quotes than the others because they are just so absurd. Their high placement on this list is due to the plethora of absurdity contained in their lyrical Rolodex, way more than I've listed here. Takeoff is my personal favorite because of his deep voice and because it is the most distinguishable between the other members of Migos especially when he raps fast. Like with Young Thug he is impossible to understand when he raps fast.

Dishonorable Mention: Chief Keef

Not much to say except that he is absurd, but not in a good/enjoyable way.

Drum roll please...

1. 2 Chainz

Example Lyrics:

"Two red girls eating red beans and rice, with Popeyes, eat hot fries... I'm straight from section 8, I save coupons. Just bought a car, that bitch came with Grey Poupon." - "Show Me Remix"

"She got a big booty, so I call her big booty... I'm in the kitchen, yams everywhere" - "Birthday Song"

"24/7 like the Waffle House, three cell phones still nothin' to talk about" - "24 Hours"

"Me and my homie on the dance floor, white girl in the middle, lookin' like an Oreo" - "Burnin' Up"

"Even all on my hat, snakeskin all on my hat (hat)... gold all on my watch, so big it's like a clock" - "All Gold Everything Remix"

"Stuntin', tattoos on my neck and on my kidney, If I don't like that ho I turn her ass into a Frisbee." - "Cut Her Off"

"Cleaning some detergent, all my cars got curtains, I love to light an oven" - "Drop Girl"

"I'm so fresh, I am like a walking mannequin. Right, got 'em lookin hella pants" - "Keep Calm"

"Selling that chicken no lemon pepper, no sweet and sour." - "Ali Bomaye"

Everyone knows 2 Chainz, a rapper from College Park, Georgia who has jumped to international success in the past five years. He has the most absurd lyrics I've ever seen in a rapper, which earns him the top spot on this list. His flow is very slow so you can understand exactly what he says, a unique quality even if it doesn't seem to be. His slow rapping style allows the listener to hear all of his absurd lines clearly, which makes him more absurd because most rappers fly through their worst lines without the listener realizing what they're saying. He has some of the most ignorant lyrics I've ever seen, and I love it, but I recognize how absurd they are. I didn't even come close to showing how weird 2 Chainz can get with the quotes above, so look more into it. Nothing more can be said; 2 Chainz takes the crown as the rap king of absurdity.