10 Local Restaurants In Sarasota That Will Have You Coming Back For More

10 restaurants in Sarasota, FL to support during the COVID-19 crisis.

145
Sarasota, FL

Sarasota, FL is a diverse and expanding city that has a variety of art & music festivals and farmer's markets. However, what will always stand out in this city are the restaurants. Here are my top 10 personal recommendations as a Sarasota native:

1. 420 Munchies Cafe

cheeseburger

Unsplash

420 Munchies Cafe is one of the most unique places in town, as it was made for local stoners with unique cravings. So, if you love odd combinations or want to have a heart-stopping cheat day on your diet, this is definitely the place for you. One of the most popular items on the menu includes the Fat Sandy sandwich which is stuffed with two cheeseburger patties, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, and spuds then topped with mac and cheese. If you want to stay healthy, however, they do offer delicious chicken salads.

2. Kam's Bubble Tea & Sushi

girl drinking bubble tea

Unsplash

Kam's Bubble Tea & Sushi serves many different flavors and types of bubble tea. With the sushi made as fresh as you order it, it is probably one of the best sushi joints near downtown Sarasota.

3. Crystal Cream

Unsplash

Crystal Cream offers the popular ice cream rolls that took over Instagram in recent years. They offer a variety of toppings to make your ice cream unique and flavorful which is the perfect treat to cool down on a hot Florida day.

4. Teas Days

bubble waffle ice cream

Photo By: Jessica Schmidt

Teas Days is another local boba tea shop in Sarasota. They offer a variety of flavors such as jasmine tea and even waffle ice cream cones that are sure to be a delicious treat.

5. Morton's Gourmet Market

deli sandwich

Unsplash

While Morton's isn't a restaurant, their deli offers some of the best food around. From the great sandwiches to the mac and cheese, this market knows how to perfect their homemade foods for you to enjoy.

6. Abel's Ice Cream

Unsplash

Abel's is another popular ice cream shop in Sarasota that makes delicious homemade ice cream. Their banana and moose tracks are their best sellers and for very good reason.

7. The Melting Pot

fondue

Unsplash

The Melting Pot is a popular choice in downtown Sarasota. The restaurant gets its name from the fact that their menu uses fondue cheese and chocolates within their recipes and appetizers. Cheese and chocolate...what's more to love?

8. The Original Egg

pancakes

This breakfast and lunch restaurant has some of the best foods. The pancakes are sweet and soft while the burgers are hearty and juicy. Get you a restaurant that can do both.

9. Mellow Mushroom

slice of pepperoni pizza

Mellow Mushroom makes what is possibly the most popular pizza in Sarasota. All of their pizzas are made in a stone oven which gives the pizza that crisp fluffiness that every pizza lover craves.

10. Blue Dolphin Cafe

Unsplash

This restaurant is located in St. Armand's Circle and is very well known for their fluffy Belgian waffles. If you don't have a sweet tooth in the morning, though, their eggs Benedict is to die for.