6 Lies You Told Yourself This New Years Eve

It's okay, we've all been there.

8

For as long as anyone can remember, New Years festivities are a hit or miss. You either end up kissing the love of your life as the ball drops in Times Square or utterly disappointed. If you're one of the many pessimistic NYE celebrators, it's usually disappointment which is all fine and dandy, but it's certainly not okay to lie to yourself because your life isn't a movie. Point and case:

1. I probably won't get that drunk.

Says everyone right before a champagne blackout and massive hangover.

2. I won't talk to my ex this year.

Yeah okay, until February rolls around and you're dateless on Valentine's day.

3. I'll find someone to kiss by midnight.

Even if that someone is named KORBEL.

4. This year will be soOOooOOOoo much better than last year!

We've all been telling ourselves this since our awkward stages began.

5. No, I don't feel nauseous at all.

Dancing + bubbly champagne + general excitement is bound to equal queasiness.

6. I'm already starting my gym grind.

This is the most infamous lie told by this generation hands down.

Until next New Years Eve, everyone! Happy lying.