10 Lessons Winnie The Pooh Can Teach You At Any Age

You're never too old for Winnie the Pooh.
103

Bedtime circa early 2000s. My turn to choose the story of the night.

With promises of my father's silly voices, I would always select one of Winnie the Pooh's many adventures without fail.

To this day, I still find myself gravitating toward stories of my favorite yellow bear when I'm stressed or upset. The stories, and the nostalgia they evoke, will always be my favorite escape.

As a babysitter, I tried to pass this onto the children I watch as well. Growing up in a generation that no longer values Winnie the Pooh as highly, they weren't necessarily read the same tales I grew up with. So, when they had trouble sleeping or needed a new book, I would pass on the same stories I adored when I was little.

No matter what age, Winnie the Pooh will never lose his charm, and he will continue to have lessons to teach me for years to come.

So, here are some of my favorite lessons Winnie the Pooh can teach you at any age:

1. He puts a lot of thought into everything he does.

2. He knows the importance of food.

3. He confidently walks around without pants on.

4. He knows the true value of sleep.

5. He's confident in himself.

6. He's not afraid to show affection.

7. He falls down sometimes...

8. But he always knows how to hang on.

9. He values the little things in life.

10. He knows the true value of friendship.