10 Lessons I Learned from Broadway

10 Lessons I Learned from Broadway

Everything I need to know, I learned from a musical

91
10 Lessons I Learned from Broadway
wallpapercave.com

1. Schools always try to teach the wrong lessons

Math, science and history are important. Nobody will ever deny that. But, what's even more important is having people skills. Being able to work well with others and communicate thoroughly. Schools don't focus on that, because they think that teaching you that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell is far more important than teaching you about how to survive in the real world.

2. Nice is different than good

Just because a person can plaster on a smile and woo a couple of people, doesn't mean that they're a good person. In fact, sometimes those who can put on a "nice guy" act are the most manipulative people in the world. If a person seems a little bit too nice, it's careful to be on guard. Sometimes, the best people in the world aren't the most well-liked, but it doesn't change their value.

3. Some princes are raised to be charming...NOT sincere

Boys know how to charm a girl. They can flirt it up with the best of them. But just because a boy has a nice smile and hair that looks super soft, it doesn't mean that they're going to be your knight in shining armor. In fact, they're probably your prince charming but think about how many princesses he went through and then tell me about how ideal a relationship with him seems.

4. Forget regret or life is yours to miss

You can't live your life wondering what could have happened. You can't constantly worry about changing the past because things didn't work out according to plan. All you can do is take everything in stride. You can live your life to the fullest, because to do anything else is to waste the best gift that you have ever been given-the best gift you'll ever be given.

5. I'm Not that Girl

You don't have to change who are you just because you're trying to impress some guy. You don't have to pretend to be somebody who you aren't, just because you think that's going to make a guy notice you. All that you have to do is be yourself and stay true to that. The perfect guy for you will see that and he is going to love you for every single "flaw" you see in yourself.

6. Measure Your Life In Love

Rather than focusing on what went wrong or what didn't go the way you were expecting it to, focus on the memories that mean the most to you. Focus on the people who surround you-all of those people who love you and only want the best for you. When you look back on your life, you don't want to remember the moment that made you cry. You want to remember the moments that made you feel special.

7. Fine, we're damaged

Really damaged. But that does not make us wise. But, it does make us experienced. Teenagers aren't going to learn anything if they don't sit back and take the time to learn from their mistakes. So, take risks. Try something new. Break the rules. Cause some chaos. But, remember that you're not invincible. All you're doing is learning.

8. There are worse things I could do

One mistake is not the end of the world and it doesn't change your reputation. Doing one thing that doesn't perfectly line up with the person you've always tried to present yourself to be doesn't change who you are. And no matter how bad you think that the situation might be, remember that there are always ways that things could be worse.

9. I am so much better than before

Once you stop trying to live up to the expectations of everybody else in your life and focus on what you need to do to better yourself, for yourself, you are going to be so much happier. You're going to be so much more successful in life. So, let go of all of the expectations that you think others have of you. Instead, focus on doing whatever is going to make you happy.

10. History has its eyes on you

The world is yours for the taking. If you don't like something, work towards changing it. That's what your job is-to make this world a place that you're proud of. Don't just allow life to pass you by. Do what makes you happy and make sure that you're going to leave an impact on the world. Because, no matter what happens in life, nobody should ever throw away their shot.