If you've never seen the hilarious, pee your pants, out of control giggling inducing sitcom, Parks and Rec, you're missing out on not only quality humor but also on one of the best pop culture icons for young women. Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) is the most badass, confident, waffle-loving feminists around. And if you're a gal in college, you should consider emulating her spunky personality. Take notes ladies.
1. "You know my code, hoes before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries."
Um, duh. This is a no brainer. In college, slimy, gross, frat boys are literally a dime a dozen. Your #GIRLSQUAD, however, is sacred. And they matter way more now and will still actually matter after graduation.
2. "I'm going to be direct and honest with you. I would like a glass of red wine and I'll take the cheapest one you have because I can't tell the difference."
Take a cue from Leslie and stop pretending like you actually care what you're drinking. Embrace the Franzia because once you're out of college, people might look at you funny for slapping the bag.
3. "He told me he liked me, and I'm gonna go make out with him right now. On his face."
Stop twiddling your thumbs over Tinder and get to the point if you like someone. Make out with him. On his face.
4. "One person's annoying is another person's inspiring and heroic."
If you ever feel like you don't fit in with a certain group of people, forget them and move on. Go where you are celebrated, not just tolerated. Be a Leslie Knope in a world full of typical city government!
5. "I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things."
$1 slices of people eventually become harder to find when you move away from your college town. Eat all the pizza/waffles/donuts/wings you can get your hands on. #TREATYOSELF
6. "I need another second please. I need to remember every little thing about how perfect my life is right now."
Take time to stop and smell the roses. You won't be a young, thriving college student forever. Embrace your happiness. And the fact that it's still considered normal to wear shorts in the middle of winter to attend basement parties with shitty beer.
7. "Hey, Leslie. It's Leslie. Hang in there. I love you. Bye."
LOVE YOURSELF. YOU WILL PASS STAT 200. IT WILL BE OKAY. Give yourself reminders like this on the reg.
8. "We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third."
Keep your life in balance. Friends are important. Waffles are important. And work is (semi) important.
9. "In my experience with butt-faces, you ARE one."
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Don't let butt-face boys, girls, teachers, rude people, or your Starbucks barista infiltrate your life.
10. And lastly, "Nothing bad can happen to me. I'm like a white, male U.S. senator."
Don't hold yourself back or live in fear. Stop thinking about the potential negative consequences of your actions. Think about the possibilities and all the breakfast food can be yours.