10 Horror Animes To Watch This Month

10 Horror Animes To Watch This Month

If you love anime or just anything thrilling in general, I bet there is at least one horror show you will watch from this list.

190
10 Horror Animes To Watch This Month
Wallpaper Safari

October is finally here, and the thrill of Halloween is everywhere. It's the time of month where everyone dresses in costumes, eats lots of candy, watches some kind of horror-thriller movie, and more. Now, why would I list a bunch of horror anime, rather than scary - real life movies? Well, let me explain.

A lot of people think anime is for nerds, who over obsessed everything about it, but you are incorrect. Anime is for everyone who is loves animation, and stories that go with it. (Just like adults who love Disney movies) However, Japanese anime has a lot of potential to it. Plus, let's be real here, it's just like watching movies and shows on TV, so what's the difference (besides anime being animated)? Anime has a show in every genre, so you can never be bored! Once you find a show you like, it's almost like watching Netflix, and you just binge watch everything.

So, I made a list of horror-scary-thrilling-mystery like animes, and each one is very different from the other. Some on this list are either very disturbing or something not as scary but still has that thrill to it (for people who don't like scary things at all, such as myself).

Take a look at each one, and see if you find something that is worth you while.

1. Ghost Stories

This anime is about Satsuki, her little brother, and friends that go to see the haunted abandoned school. Satsuki just moved to town, and is already discovering things about her mother, who has passed away. They find a book of Satsuki's mother, who exorcised ghosts in the school and the whole town. Now, the ghost are back, because of urbanization. From the abandoned school they find a ghost, named Amanojaku, who they seal into Satsuki's cat, Kaya. In order to exorcise the ghost, they need Amanojaku's help, so they can save the town from paranormal activity. (This anime isn't as scary, but fun to watch. Especially in dub (English)!)

2. Hellsing

The name Hellsing comes from covenant of the Royal Order of protestant knights, who protect the queen from the supernatural. The order was in charged of Abraham Van Hellsing, whose death was witnessed by his daughter, Sir Inegra Fairbrook Weingates Hellsing, and she inherits the Royal Order. Within the order is the family butler (Walter), a vampire (Alucard) her father defeated, and a police officer that got turned into a vampire by Alucard, named Seras Victoria. They work together to keep England safe from the undead, when a neo-natiz group, called Millennium, emerges, and causes an Apocalyptic war in London. (blood! Blood! BLOOD! And Death.)

3. Tokyo Ghoul

Tokyo Ghoul takes place in a world of where ghouls live among the humans, but they do not coexist. Kaneki is the main character who loves to read, and meets a girl who is interested in the same author as him, named Rize. Upon meeting her, Rize, a ghoul, attacks Kaneki, but Kaneki survives. After surgery, Kaneki awakes to find himself half human and half ghoul. Struggling to to be human, Kaneki meets a group of ghouls that can help him handle his ghoul- self, however certain measures can't be helped when he is needed to use his ghoul side to protect those whom he just met. (I definitely recommend!)

4. Blood Plus

This anime is about a high school girl named Saya, who is lives with her adoptive family in Okinawa, Japan. Living a normal life, she is one day attacked by a huge demon-bat like creature called a Chiropetran. Suddenly, a male appears, Haji, who helps her defeat the creature, but in order to, he needs Saya's blood. After learning that Saya is the only one who can defeat these creatures she agrees to go with Haji, her Chevalier, to go stop the creatures and the ones who are making them. (This is a long series, but it is SO worth it!)

5. Deadman Wonderland

Deadman Wonderland is a theme park where people can watch criminals die painful deaths that involves game like qualities. The story begins with Ganta Igarashi, who is a high school student, but he is being fraud (by the "Red Man") of murdering his whole classroom. He is then condemned to go to Deadman Wonderland, where he meets an odd character, Shiro, and the "crow," Kiyomasa Senji, who help Ganta to find the "Red Man." However, they have to stay alive first. (A MUST see!)

6. Danganronpa

In this anime, Danganronpa is about Hope Peaks Academy, where the ultimate gifted students get to go, and later become successful. The main character is Makoto Naegi, who is selected to attend the school, and later finds himself locked in the school building with no way out. With fourteen other students, a Monokuma (remote-control bear) appears to tell them that they have to murder each other if they want out. If a student is murdered, the rest have to figure out who the murder is and discuss it within a "class trial," and if the murderer gets figured out than they are executed immediately. In the "class trial" though, if the students don't discover who the murderer is, then they all die, and the murderer gets to leave freely. (The style of this anime creep me out... not gonna lie there.)

7. Death Note

One day, Kagami Light finds a notebook called the Death Note, and once he touched it a Shinigami appeared, named Ryuk. The Shinigami tells Light that if you write a name in the book with the person in mind, then that person will die within the next thirty seconds. Light uses the notebook then to create a "cleansed of evil" world and takes the role of God. However, he plan alters when "L" comes in as detective in the case. The two try to out-wit each other, but who wins? That's for you to find out. (The plot line is fantastic!)

8. Another

Another begins with a girl, named Misaki, who suddenly passes away in the middle of the school year in 1972, and since her death, the teachers and students at Yomiyama North Middle School act as if she is still in the classroom of 3-3. When Koichi Sakaibara arrives years later, he meets Mei Misaki,and together they try to figure out why the students and their families are suddenly passing away. They know it deals with Misaki of 1972, and they try to search for a way to end it before they die themselves. (I want to see it, but not my cup of tea...)

9. Hell Girl

In this series, Hell Girl has a different short story within each episode about someone who is suffering in their life from an antagonist. At midnight, a website can be reached called the "Hell Correspondence," and you can request help from the Hell Girl. When Hell Girl, Ai Enma, appears she gives the person a doll with a red thread, and if the person pulls the red thread than the antagonist will be sent to Hell. Although, Hell Girl and her friends will confront the antagonist giving them one last chance to change before taking them to Hell. Furthermore, once the person pulls the string, they are marked to Hell Girl's covenant, for once they die that person will also go to Hell. (It's REALLY good!)

10. Death Parade

For the last but not least, Death Parade is about an arbiter, Decim, who is a bartender and a judge of the death games. There are more arbiters, but Decim runs his floor as bartender. When two souls come, they have to play a death game by putting their lives on the line, and meanwhile, the two players' secrets will be revealed. Depending on how the game situation works out, Decim decides who goes to the void (an endless dark pit) or who gets to be reincarnated. Everything works fine (as so it seems), until a woman appears named Chiyuki. (Honestly...one of my favorite animes to watch. Definitely check it out!)

What do you think? Did you fine an anime that suits your October mood? I hope you enjoy it, which ever it may be. Also, if you haven't found anything that doesn't suite your taste, than you can always search for more! These are only just a few in the horror genre, and trust me...these are probably the lightest of horror too.