Graduating college must be similar to retirement (but not really). You studied and fried your brain for four years, and now you have a lot of time of your hands. After work, you don't need to study. You can literally do whatever you want until bed time, which may end up being earlier than usual because of boredom. After all, we were so used to being college kids, partying on the weekends, studying hard during the week, and taking exams that made us want to rip our hairs out. That was life. Not anymore. Here are 10 new hobbies you can start post-graduation to save yourself from boredom and find your hidden talents!
1. PAINTING -- ON YOUR OWN, OR ONE OF THOSE WINE & PAINT NIGHTS
2. READING A BOOK
3. WRITING -- POEMS, ARTICLES, BLOGS
4. HORSEBACK RIDING
5. FLOWER ARRANGING
6. GETTING YOUR OWN GYM MEMBERSHIP -- WITH YOUR OWN MONEY! -- OR SIGN UP FOR YOGA CLASSES
7. POTTERY CLASSES
8. JEWELRY MAKING
9. LEARNING HOW TO DO MAKE UP REALLY WELL
10. FINDING A NEW INSTRUMENT TO PLAY
I'll add 11 more bonus hobbies just because I'm nice.
11. RUNNING FREQUENT 5K'S -- I PROBABLY WONT DO THIS, SORRY
12. PHOTOGRAPHY -- YES, INSTAGRAM PHOTOGRAPHY DOES COUNT; TRY TO FIND THE MOST INSTRAGRAMMABLE LOCATIONS AND SNAP AWAY!
13. A SPORT -- IF YOUR WORK OFFERS AFTER HOUR LEAGUES, JOIN THEM! (AGAIN, I PROBABLY WOULDN'T DO THIS)
14. CARD MAKING -- SOUNDS ODD AT FIRST, BUT GRAPHICALLY DESIGNING YOUR OWN CARDS AND SENDING THEM TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND LOVED ONES OCCASIONALLY TO SHOW YOUR LOVE & APPRECIATION
15. COOKING/BAKING -- ITS NEVER TOO EARLY TO LEARN HOW TO BE A HOUSE WIFE! (OR HOUSE HUSBAND, NOWADAYS)
16. VOLUNTEERING!!! I AM A HUGE BELEIBER IN THIS; VOLUNTEER AT 5K'S (THIS ONE, I'LL DO), CANCER CENTERS, HOSPITALS, NURSING HOMES, GARDENING EVENTS, DISABILITY CENTERS & MORE!
17. TRAVEL -- DOESN'T HAVE TO COST YOU CRAZY HOLLA DOLLA BILLZ -- TAKE TRIPS LOCALLY; PARKS, LAKES, CANOEING, KAYAKING, HIKING -- AND IF YOU CAN AFFORD THE TIME & MONEY, GO FAR FAR AWAY! DO IT DO IT DO IT, YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE SO DO IT! CAN'T DO IT ALONE? FIND A FRIEND AND DO IT! FIND NEW CITIES TO VISIT
18. TRY NEW RESTAURANTS AND BE ONE OF THOSE ANNOYING YELP CRITICS (WHY NOT?)
19. GO TO LOCAL MUSEUMS AND PRETEND YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THE HISTORY AND ARCHITECTURE
20. GO HOUSE WATCHING -- I DO THIS. FIND THE WEALTHIEST PART OF YOUR STATE, AND DRIVE BY THE BIGGEST MANSIONS YOU CAN HUNT DOWN. IS THIS CREEPY?
21. NOT MUCH OF A HOBBY, BUT TREAT YO-SELF TO GETTING YOUR HAIR OR NAILS DONE! GET A FACIAL, OR A MASSAGE. PAMPER YO-SELF. BOYS: YOUR EQUIVALENT WOULD BE GETTING YOURSELF A NEW PAIR OF SNEAKS, I DON'T KNOW.
Humans age, and we wont stay young for long. Start feeding your soul! Start up new hobbies and new ventures. Pamper your soul often, it will benefit you in the long run. Can anyone tell me otherwise?