10 Halloween Costumes For Everybody Who Procrastinated

1. A potato

317

Ah, Hallow-weekend. The most anticipated time of the year for college students everywhere. This is the one time of year that it’s appropriate to dress like a complete weirdo and to go out every single night of the week and then go to your 8 a.m. class with leftover makeup on and a bit still hungover. If this is your first Halloweekend or you literally live for this holiday, you probably already have all your costumes planned out. Heck, you probably coordinated every group costume and prepared everything weeks in advance. If you’re anything like me, you probably will decide what to wear an hour before you leave the house. If you’re really like me, you don’t want to be basic about Halloween costumes.

That being said, I’m a pro and here are my 10 best costumes for Halloween procrastinators!

1. A potato

All you need is a big brown t-shirt. If you want to really get into it AND have a snack at the same time, feel free to carry around potato items such as potato chips, mashed potatoes, french fries...the list goes on! After all, you are what you eat!

2. A Hanging Chad

For all you “How I Met Your Mother” fans out there, this idea is probably one of the best ones ever. And hey! You never know--you might meet your very own slutty pumpkin that night!

3. DoodleBob

Easy. Funny. Creative. Just don’t get too annoying with the “hoy minoys.”

4. Get a group of friends and be a boy band

One Direction, the Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC (pro-tip: if you pick this band, utilize ramen noodles to get that perfect early Justin Timberlake hairdo), KISS, the list can go on and on...

5. early 2000s Britney Spears

Use “...Baby One More Time,” “Toxic,” and “Oops! ...I Did It Again” for inspiration. Honestly, there’s nothing more iconic than her pink pigtail, gray sweater schoolgirl look.

6. Care Bears

Another group costume idea! Care Bear stare down the haters in this fun throwback! From Grumpy Bear to Funshine Bear, there’s a Care Bear for every member of your squad!

7. Sexy Founding Fathers

You’ve heard of sexy firemen, sexy police officers, and sexy schoolgirl. Well, now you can add sexy founding fathers to that list! Whether you pick George Washington (“you can chop down my cherry tree”), Honest Abe (more like Honest BABE) or any other founding father, president or otherwise, make sure you REALLY hype it up and make it as scandalous as possible! My reasoning on the costume idea? Halloween has made literally everything else sexy so if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

8. Zombie Guy Fieri

This one doesn’t need an explanation other than it would be awesome as heck

9. A Trophy

First, you pick what kind of trophy you’re going to be. Are you basketball? Soccer? Gymnastics? Then decide what place you’re in. If you want to be a first-place trophy, body paint yourself gold. If you’re more of a second-place kind of person, go for silver. Whatever you decide, this costume makes for a bomb photo opt.

10. A Pinata

Wear a fringy shirt or dress and carry a bat. Whenever someone hits you, you throw candy. It’s fun and yummy!

So, there you have it! Go forth and get spooky! Happy Halloween!!