10 Great Restaurants To Check Out On Long Island

For when you're not looking for pizza or a bagel.

89
The Helpful Web

Long Island is known for many things: our beaches, pizza, and bagels, just to name a few. But, what do you do when you're hungry and you don't want a slice of pizza or a doughy bagel? Long Island has way too many food options to choose from, making it nearly impossible sometimes to decide where to eat. Well, if you're currently struggling to find a restaurant or just want a reference list (or looking for something that isn't a major chain), here are some of my favorite places to eat on the island:

1. Branchinelli's

While they are partially a pizzeria, they do have an Italian restaurant attached, as well. It is amazing, to put it simply. Not only do they have some of the best pizza the island has to offer, but their pasta dishes and chicken rolls are A+. This place is great for a family dinner, or just to grab lunch with some friends! They're located right in Hauppauge.

555 NY-111, Hauppage, N.Y. 11788

2. Ragazzi

I was pleasantly surprised by Ragazzi and how absolutely delicious their dishes are! This Italian restaurant is conveniently located right across from the Smith Haven Mall, right where Pizzeria Uno used to be (for those of you old enough to remember that). The food is incredible, the service is great, and the prices are pretty decent. They even have an awesome special on Saturday night's, where for a price-fixed menu, you also get a free movie ticket (perhaps a great date night location?)! I highly recommend the Tortellini Aligherieri, which comes with homemade Tortellini, baby shrimp, and mushrooms.

2950 Middle Country Rd, Nesconset, NY 11767

3. Crazy Beans

I just recently found out about this place, and decided to grab lunch with a friend here. As soon as we walked in, we both instantly fell in love with it. It is the cutest little cafe around! They are particularly known for their gourmet lattes served ice cold in a mason jar, topped with fresh whipped cream and drizzled with different sauces to match the flavors you picked! Just when you think it doesn't get better than that, the food is absolutely delicious. The food baby you get after you're done is well worth it. I personally recommend their BBQ quesadilla, but also everything on the menu is really delicious. Not to mention, the presentation of their plates make you want to eat everything in sight.

97 Main St, Stony Brook, N.Y. 11790 OR 465 NY-25A, Miller Place, NY 11764

4. Sonoma Grill

Sonoma Grill is a personal family favorite that we've been going to for years. Their dishes are reasonably priced and the portions are huge and delicious. The menu has a huge array of options, too. Every time I go, I struggle to settle on a dish because there's too many good choices! Their Caesar Salad is amazing and the Pasta Diana will have you hoping you don't completely polish off your plate so you have some leftovers for lunch the next day. This place never gets old.

1730 N Ocean Ave, Holtsville, N.Y. 11742

5. Del Fuego

This is an adorable little Mexican restaurant jam-packed with flavor. Whether you're in the mood for tacos or quesadillas, they have what you're looking for! What's great about this place is that they have the best Taco Tuesday lunch special: $2.50 tacos! All of their food is amazing and will satisfy your taco cravings. You can't beat great food at an even better price!

429 N Country Rd, St James, N.Y. 11780 OR 25 W Main St, Patchogue, N.Y. 11772 OR

117 Deer Park Ave, Babylon, N.Y. 11702

6. Grand Lux Cafe

In comparison to the other places on this list, this one is a little more pricey, but most certainly worth it. Owned by The Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux serves up fantastic dishes and wonderful service. The menu items are very similar to The Cheesecake Factory, rightfully so, with just a little bit more flare to it. This is another place with a menu filled with amazing options, and you'll probably find yourself shamelessly stealing a taste of other people's dishes at your table.

630 Old Country Road, Garden City, N.Y. 11530

7. K60

This Japanese Steakhouse is a ton of fun, and a little less of a hassle to get to than a Benihana. The hibachi is incredible, and the chef's are exceptional. While this place isn't too well known, they still put on quite the show, flipping vegetables into your mouth off the grill, making a mini volcano out of grilled onions, and lighting everything on (a controlled) fire. This makes for a great meal for any occasion and definitely a great family night out!

2811 Middle Country Rd, Lake Grove, N.Y. 11755

8. Bierhaus Munchen

In the mood for German? Patchogue has you covered. This place serves authentic German food and it's pretty damn great. They have every classic German dish from Bratwurst to Schnitzel. I personally recommend the Oktoberfest Chicken. And if you're of legal drinking age, definitely try the German beers they have available!

32 W Main St, Patchogue, N.Y. 11772

9. New York Panini

This adorable little sandwich shop will immediately steal your heart (and fill your stomach). The panini I ate here was probably the best panini I ever had. I personally recommend the BLT, but also pretty much every panini on the menu because they're so amazing. Everything is so fresh and well prepared, you'll never want to eat a panini from anywhere else again! They do also serve massive salads, which I haven't tried, but they look just as amazing as the sandwiches. Definitely check this place out!

9 Wall St, Huntington, N.Y. 11743

10. Wild Ginger

Looking for some good sushi without spending every last penny in your wallet? Wild Ginger is the place to go! Everyday, they have a half price sushi special (dine-in only)! What's better than that? Going with some people that aren't sushi fans? Fear not, because they do offer other great Japanese options! My favorite thing about this place is the little appetizer they give you with your meal; I'll be honest, I have no idea what it's called, but they are these little crispy tempura-like chips served with a side of duck sauce and they are addicting! Wild Ginger is a great little place to meet friends for lunch and get sushi for a great price!

69 Smithtown Blvd, Smithtown, N.Y. 11787

These are only a few! Long Island has hundreds of more delicious options, but these are ones you should definitely check out and will enjoy, without a doubt! So whether you're just looking for a place to catch up with a friend, or for a cozy little place for a fun date, you're sure to find what you're looking for in one of these places.