10 Fun Places To Go While Visiting Cape May County, New Jersey

Make your summer memorable and enjoyable -- ask a local like me!

2111
Billy Penn

Well, it is that time of year again! Memorial Day Weekend just passed, and that marked the unofficial start of summer at the shore. Restaurants and attractions have opened up and prepared for the waves of crowds that are set to visit this season. As a Cape May County local, I am ready (but kind of not looking forward to the traffic and the PA tags). If you're planning on coming down here, though, I want to give you a list and rundown of the many fun places to go to complete your whole vacation!

1. Cape May County Park & Zoo - Cape May Court House

Have a family fun day at the park and zoo! This is located in the center of the county. During the summer, there are so many people around that sometimes parking runs out, or it can be very limited. However, it's one of the best zoos in the country, and one of the cleanest. It's nicely laid out, safe, and kid/family friendly. There are many animals presented, and the park is a great place for the kids to unwind and have a fantastic time!

2. Duffer's - Wildwood

Are you an ice cream lover like me? Then Duffer's is the best choice for you! Located in the heart of Wildwood, Duffer's Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor has a variety of different diner foods and ice cream. Most of the time, people just go for the giant fishbowls you see in the picture above. There is always a long wait, no matter what day of the week it is. Besides the amazing ice cream and the good stuff, there's also mini golf and an arcade to keep the customers happy and entertained. Duffer's is very old-fashioned, but it makes you feel young!

3. Playland's Castaway Cove - Ocean City

This attraction, located on the Ocean City boardwalk, is full of thrilling and exciting rides for people of all ages! Right next door is another amusement park like this one, called Wonderland, which is laid out exactly the same. There is an arcade in Playland, along with other outside rides and activities. Kids love this place; but no matter how old, anyone is bound to enjoy.

4. The Fudge Kitchen - Cape May

If you're on a mission for getting your hands on the best fudge in the entire world, you'll find it for sure at the Fudge Kitchen. Seriously, you'll fall in love. The Fudge Kitchen has a few locations; but to get a good feel of being at the beach, the best fudge spot is in Cape May, the most old-fashioned and historic shore town in South Jersey. The Fudge Kitchen is a cute little candy store with a lot of fudge to choose from. Make sure you stop by and grab some, and get a little taste of the shore!

5. Kohr Bros. - Wildwood

Another ice cream joint, but only soft serve! When your sweet tooth calls for custard, Kohr Bros is the place to go, guaranteed. There are many shore locations stretched from Ocean City, going all the way down to Delaware's beaches! What's unique about Kohr Bros is it has a bunch of soft serve flavors to choose from, including coffee, strawberry, banana, caramel, and more! They have the classic vanilla and orange twist, and there are also seasonal flavors in the fall, like pumpkin and cinnamon. Try it out!

6. Uncle Bill's Pancake House - Stone Harbor / Avalon

"A Jersey Shore Tradition!" This is so true. Uncle Bill's Pancake House has been around for 55 years, serving up breakfast and smiles. I work there, and it's a great environment with even greater food. There are 8 total locations at the shore, and I'm pretty sure there's always a full house at each one! The pancakes are the best, I guarantee you! It's not a vacation and it's not summer without a trip to Uncle Bill's.

7. Cape May Lighthouse - Cape May Point

The lighthouse is a super important landmark. It's a beautiful place to go up to and have a nice view of everything. It's also a cool history lesson, too, as there are signs that explain Cape May's past, and what the lighthouse was (and still is) used for. So if you're in the adventurous mood, go to the lighthouse and let it take your breath away!

8. Manco & Manco's - Ocean City

What South Jersey is known for is the pizza! Manco & Manco's is located in Ocean City on the boardwalk, and I swear to you that they have the best pizza ever! It's not summer unless you've tried a slice! This is also described as a "jersey shore tradition", and I see why. Manco & Manco's serves hundreds of thousands of people each season. It's just too good to resist. The staff is extremely friendly, and the food is even better. I promise you.

9. Morey's Piers - Wildwood

"Oh, those Wildwood days! Every day's a holiday, and every night is a Saturday night!" Wildwood is the cliche shore town; everyone goes there. But Morey's Piers is one of the many reasons why Wildwood is so popular. Just like Playland in Ocean City, Morey's Piers is full of different rides and attractions for kids of all ages. I'd say it's more thrilling than Playland, and it can be friendly for kids when it needs to be. The good thing about it is there are 3 piers to choose from! Have a blast, and make sure to watch the tram car, please!

10. The beach - duh!

This is a must! Just in Cape May County alone, there are over 10 beautiful beaches to choose from, many on the bay and many on the ocean. A vacation, or life, needs a little relaxing every once in a while. However, be prepared to get tagged on most of these beaches. Sad face. (And it's not the tagging you think I'm talking about.) There's nothing better than the beach!

Have a great summer!