10 First Date Ideas in Houston

10 First Date Ideas in Houston

Here is a list of my ten favorite locations to take your new love interest.

2870
10 First Date Ideas in Houston
google

Even though I'm hashtag single for life, there a few spots here in Houston that when I visited I thought, "man this would be a perfect first date location". I mean we have all thought about it; where the ambiance is perfect, the mood is right, and you are just straight vibin'. Here's a list I compiled of what I found to be the "Ten Perfect First Date Locations in Houston" in no particular order:

1. Bar Boheme

This quaint little spot right in the heart of Montrose is a go to for me, whether it be with friends or even potentially a new love interest. This 6,000 square foot space with "shona stone sculptures from Zimbabwe" will have you exploring the surrounded patio while sipping on one of their creative cocktails, including the "Autumn Sweater" and "Hot Sea Legs".

2. Nourish Juice Bar

If you're a health fanatic and want to give subtle hints to your date that yes, getting your micronutrients in is important, take him/her to this cute little smoothie bar off of W. Gray St. The two of you can converse over their freshly pressed juices or delicious smoothies, or even grab a sushi roll to split.

3. The Menil Collection

Not only is this place notoriously known as Beyonce's favorite museum in Houston, the 30-acre neighborhood of art will have the two of you reflecting at beautiful and modern pieces of art. The Menil claims that each piece of work "speaks for itself", giving no descriptions or "didactics". Definitely a conversation starter, for sure.

4. iPic Theaters

Want to skip the small talk? This is definitely a go to for me, especially given the fact that you get a pillow and blanket to snuggle up with during the movie. This fancy, upscale movie theater also has waiters that are available at your convenience. It might be pricier than your average movie theater, but they have really amazing fried green beans.

5. Amy's Ice Cream

Want to steer your late night booty call in another direction? This place is perfect, especially since it's open until midnight. Besides, who wants booty when you can have ice cream with your favorite toppings mixed in.

6. Hopdoddy Burger Bar

Okay so maybe not a first date, given the burgers are incredibly large and hard to eat in an attractive manner, but I promise you won't have to think of anything to talk about other than how amazing the food is. They even offer a tuna burger, which is my personal favorite.

7. Miller Outdoor Theater

I will never forget my first date here when I was eighteen years old; he brought me here as a surprise, set up a quilt with some snacks, and watched this beautiful ballet show. The Miller Outdoor Theater also offers concerts, theatre, mostly set in the summertime. I love the ambiance of laying down in the great outdoors and enjoying a good show.

8. Discovery Green

There's always something going on here. One time during the winter I came here with a friend and they had a musical light show where you literally sat in the grass and watched lights move along with music in the background. I know they have yoga here, which would be a perfect ice breaker.

9. 13 Celsius

I should have put this as number one on my list because this is not only my favorite first date location, but my favorite chill spot in general. The ambiance is on point, and because it's a wine bar you can feel like a wine connoisseur with their nine pages of different wines. Also, the s'mores is a go to here, however the flames do get pretty intense so disclaimer: do not try if you have had more than two alcoholic beverages.

10. Painting With A Twist

I remember quite often thinking, "Man, I wish I had a boyfriend that would take me to this ridiculously cheesy date idea". I have yet to partake, but I do hear that they offer wine while you paint. If you're not artistically talented, this could be quite fun and could lighten the mood as you laugh at each other's elementary level artwork.

There you have it. Whether it be a tinder date, a blind date, a set up, or the first time your hanging out with the heart throb you met at the supermarket, I hope I have provided some fun ideas to get the ball rolling.