10 Feminist Quotes To Get You Through The Week

With these as inspiration, this week should be no problem

95
Richmond Standard

Life can be tough. Sometimes a good empowering quote is all you need for a pick-me-up. These quotes by inspirational feminists, from all generations, can help you get through your week.

1. “I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”
-Madonna

2. “It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.”
-Warsan Shire

3. “I am a Woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal Woman,
that's me.”
―Maya Angelou

4. "A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." -Eleanor Roosevelt

5. "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." -Maya Angelou

6. "Feminism isn't about making women strong. Women are already strong. It's about changing the way the world perceives that strength." -G.D. Anderson

7. "Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes." -Nancy Pelosi

8. "Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in." -Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

9. "The question isn't who's going to let me; it's who's going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

10. "I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfil my profession, which I entered before my husband was in public life."- Hillary Clinton