10 Fears Of Going Out Into The Real World

Ready, set... never mind, this was a bad idea. Bye.

276

With a new year comes another candle on the cake. With another candle, you slowly start to think that maybe the real world just isn’t ready for you yet. Or you aren’t ready for it. Here are some common fears people have about entering the real world.

1. Am I ever really good enough?

Like, do I have to be 30, flirty and thriving? That just sounds like way too much work.

2. How are you supposed to know what to do?

Life outside of the classroom doesn’t come with a syllabus.

3. What about my friends?

I can’t live without them. They just need to come with me. We’re all in this together, right?

4. What if I end up being 40 and single?

I refuse to have cats. I just will not stoop to that stereotypical level.

5. I can't move too far away from home.

Dad has to be close enough so that if my light bulb goes out, he can change it. I just don't think I could handle that on my own.

6. What if I actually hate what I do?

I just spent four years and $50,000 on something that I can’t even stand to wake up in the morning for? No thanks.

7. What if I never get a good job?

I was voted most successful in high school, so I can’t let those people down. There is so much pressure, I can’t even take it.

8. What if I just can't do it?

I am simply not cut out for this.

9. What if I wasted all this time in school and it turns out that I learned nothing?

Because as of right now I am feeling pretty useless.

10. What if I'm not ready?

Well, I guess I'd better get there. Real quick.