10 Facts about Green Lantern

10 Facts about Green Lantern

In brightest day, in blackest night

1585
10 Facts about Green Lantern

I have always been an avid nerd at heart, especially when it comes to comic books. One of my current favorites is Green Lantern, protectors of all the 3000 sectors of the universe (Earth being Sector 2814). Listed below are ten facts about the Green Lanterns.

1. There have been/are seven Green Lanterns of Earth

They include Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Raynor, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz and Alan Scott (Golden Age).

2. The Hal Jordan/Sinestro Relationship

Even though Sinestro wants to end the Green Lantern Corps, he has also stated that he sees Hal Jordan as not only his most hated enemy but as his most trusted friend. This is due to Sinestro's time as a GL.

3. Daffy Duck as a Green Lantern

In 2003, Cartoon Network aired an episode of Duck Dodger in which Daffy Duck finds Hal Jordan's power ring and after putting it on is transported to the planet Oa to help battle Sinestro. Hal eventually showed up wearing Daffy's clothes.

4. Kyle Rayner and the power rings

GL Rayner wielded all seven different lantern corps power rings. Because of this, he became the first White Lantern.

5. Hal Jordan once pranked Superman

Hal once was able to emit a construct of kryptonite under the guidance of Batman to prank Superman.

6. John's Willpower

John Stewart's willpower is said to exceed the limits on his Green Lantern power ring.

7. Batman and the Corps

Batman himself was once a bearer of not only the Green Lantern power ring but also the Yellow ring for his ability to instill fear in his enemies, the black ring after his death and the white ring for his rebirth.

8. The Harley Quinn kiss

Harley once kissed Hal Jordan after she was a red/black Lantern. She has also been a Green Lantern.

9. Guy Gardner's Past

GL Guy Gardner grew up in a tough family environment and was a troubled youth but he was able to get himself accepted and graduate from the University of Michigan's psychology program. In the New 52 series, Guy is a former Baltimore Police Officer. He is also the current leader of the Red Lantern Corps after leaving the Green Lanterns.

10. Hal and the Blue Lanterns

Hal Jordan's willpower is so strong that it can power up the entire Blue Lantern Corps.

I hope you enjoyed these ten facts about the Green Lanterns. And as they say:

In brightest day,In blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight,

let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power....Green Lantern's Light!