10 Empowering Scriptures For Your Christian Life

Remind yourself and others around you of the power found within God's word.

8554
Baptist Women in Ministry

Being a Christian is not easy. We face difficult times and battles in our walk with Christ. Sometimes we need to be reminded of the power God provides us. Sometimes we need to turn to the word of God in order to be empowered and work out way through the struggles. Here are 10 scriptures I found that I feel can do just that.

1. Matthew 17:20 (NIV)

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Faith, as hard as it can be to posses at times, is one of the most empowering things a Christian can have. This scripture is a reminder of what can be possible if we have even the tiniest amount of faith. In those moments when a situation seems impossible, remind yourself of this scripture. Remind yourself of what just a little bit of faith can accomplish, and then give that so-called impossible situation to God, and watch Him work. Watch the mountains in your life move.

2. Philippians 4:13 (NLT)

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

It is so easy in times of struggle to feel weak and powerless. Circumstances become overwhelming, and it can feel nearly impossible to make it through. This scripture is a reminder of where true strength comes from. With Christ in your life, you can have the strength to make it through anything and everything that you face. With Christ, you can, and will, have the strength to fight your battles, whatever they may be.

3. James 5:16 (NLT)

"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results."

A strong prayer life is so much more important than we may realize. There is an over abundance of power in prayer. If you're facing struggles, pray about them. If you have a significantly large test coming up, pray about it. If you're just having a rotten day, pray about it. Whether life is good or bad, pray about it. Prayer is simply the way we converse with God; it is our line of communication with Him. This scripture is reminder of the power of prayer. It is also a reminder of the power of prayer from fellow believers. Surround yourself with friends and family who will pray with you and for you. Be the family member or friend who prays with and for others.

4. Matthew 6:25-29 (NIV)

"25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 28 And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."

As human beings we all have basic needs such as food, water, shelter, clothing, etc. We may face situations where it is difficult to get these basic needs, or we may not have the things we desire. We want nicer food, nicer clothes, and nicer home, etc. This scripture is a beautiful reminder that no matter what your situation is, God provides for His children. I'm not saying you'll always have the things you want, but with God, you will always have the things that you need.

5. Deuteronomy 7:9 (NLT)

"Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands."

This scripture is a powerful reminder to God's children that His love for us does not change with time. The world around us may change, we may even change, but God is the same God always and forever. He will never change, and He will never stop loving us.

6. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

"For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning."

This scripture reminds us of two very important things. Although we may do things that upset God, we can always receive His forgiveness. We have a lifetime of God's favor, and a single moment cannot change that. The second thing we are reminded of in this scripture is, pain and sorrow are temporary things. Yes, we may face them, but they will not last forever. For every season of sorrow we face, a beautiful time of joy will follow.

7. Genesis 1:27 (NIV)

"So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them."

The creation story is so well known that this scripture can become easily over looked. We take for granted just how important the creation of mankind was, and is, to God. We forget just how special we are. Out of all of the things He made, He decided to make mankind in His own image. Nothing else created is referred to as being made in the image of God. Think about that for a moment. Think about how big the universe is. Think about everything created by God, yet only one thing was created in His image. It's so significant that the word of God literally says it two times in a row. There is a special emphasis made here in this verse about mankind, human beings, male and female, being created in the image of God. The next time you feel insignificant, remember this verse. The next time you feel small, remember this verse. The next time someone tells you how big the Universe is in comparison to us human beings, read them this verse.

8. Romans 6:23 (NLT)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Human beings sin. It's as simple as that. Ever since the first sin of Adam and Eve, sin has been a part of human life. We are inherently imperfect. We deserve death for our sin, but in this scripture we see this free gift from God called salvation. The wages owed for our sins were paid for by the death of Jesus, and now we are offered this free (to us) gift of salvation and eternal life. If we accept Jesus into our lives, our sins are paid for and forgiven. No matter what mistakes we make, and no matter what sins we commit, the blood of Jesus will cover the cost. Now, this doesn't mean we have free reign to do whatever we want. It doesn't mean that we can just sin as we please as long as we ask for forgiveness. This, rather, is a reminder that when we do mess up and sin, God will forgive us, and we will receive life eternal through Christ.

9. 1 John 5:4-5 (NLT)

"4 For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. 5 And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God."

These verses out of 1 John are very powerful. They tell us that everything we face in this world will be worth it. They tell us that if we have faith and we believe that Jesus is the Son of God, in the end we will be victorious. All of the struggle, all of the heartache, and all of the pain will end, and we will win with Christ. Life will not be easy, it will be a battle, but with faith and belief in Jesus, the reward will be much greater than anything we may face. The next time you're facing a difficult and trying situation, remind yourself of these verses. Remind yourself that one day, it will all be worth it.

10. Romans 8:37-39 (NIV)

"37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This passage is my absolute favorite passage in the entire Bible. These are my power scriptures. When I'm having a bad day, I turn to these words. When I'm facing a tough situation, I turn to these words. When I simply need to be reminded of who and what I am through the love of Jesus, I turn to these words. So much power lies within the words found in these verses. It starts by telling us that through God's love, we are more than conquerors. We aren't just conquerors, we are MORE than that. The New Living Translation phrases that verse to say, "overwhelming victory is ours." And if that wasn't powerful enough, verses 38-39 shows that the love which makes us more than conquerors, isn't going anywhere. Literally NOTHING can separate us from that love. Addiction can't separate us from that love. Sin can't separate us from that love. Depression, anxiety, cancer, heart failure, temptation, etc. None of these things can separate us from that love. Death itself can't separate us from the love of God that is found through Christ which makes us more than conquerors, more than victorious. No thing in all creation can separate us or make us less than that which God has made us through love.

The word of God is filled with man more scriptures that can empower you and give you the strength you need in your Christian life. I hope the 10 I provided you with empower and encourage you when you need it most. I also hope that you feel inspired to seek more empowering scriptures for you daily life and that you dive into God's word for strength. If you think of any empowering scriptures you would like to share, please comment them below, write them down somewhere, or share them on social media. Remind yourself and others around you of the power found within God's word.