10 Emotions All Makeup-Lovers Experience When Going to Sephora

Because makeup is a beautiful thing.

114

As someone who wasn't completely allowed to wear makeup until she was 15, I have come to really worship makeup artistry in the last four years. I love everything there is to love about the beauty industry, and I especially love bonding over makeup with fellow makeup-loving peers (I now vow to stop using the word "love" because I don't love how much I've loved using it...okay, now I'm done; seriously).

As an employee at Sephora, one would think I have become numb to the emotional attachment such a store can bring; however, that is far from the case. Sephora still gives me the same beautiful, heart-stopping chills that it did the first time I ever entered it, and I know that I am not alone in the joy that such a store brings. Here are the 10 emotions that all beauty lovers experience whenever they shop at Sephora:

1. Awe.

No matter how many times you enter a Sephora, the grandness of its overall beauty will forever be captivating. The endless shelves and displays of beauty products are always breathtaking. To beauty-lovers, stepping into a Sephora is the equivalent of leaving a three-year-old in the middle of a candy store.

Luckily and unluckily for us, the only cavities us beauty-lovers will get are the holes in our wallets.

2. Shock.

Once the initial state of awe is over, you eventually take notice of the new products in store. At Sephora, you could practically go everyday and still find a new product that has been launched. Like an old lover who wants to keep the relationship fresh, Sephora is always changing up its game while still keeping its classic demeanor.

May our relationship with this store last forever, in sickness and in health, 'til death do us part.

3. Excitement.

Nothing feels better than when a Sephora employee approaches you and hands you a shopping basket. Although your inner angel will tell you to turn down the basket so that you don't overspend, your inner diva will tell you to treat yo'self! The firm grasp around the handle of the basket is your own silent proclamation that today, you will fight to obtain the beauty products that are rightfully yours!

May the odds be ever in your favor.

4. Anxiety.

Then comes the hard part: deciding between two products. As much as most of us would like to settle with a draw and get both products, many of us don't have the budgets to do so. In situations like these, we try to calm down by reminding ourselves that the common-eye won't be able to tell the difference between Kat Von D's Lolita and Sephora's Marvelous Mauve lip colors, but deep down we know that they are still two distinctly different products that both deserve love and affection. Until our attention can be diverted to another interesting product, we remain at a stand-still, completely stressed and full of anxiety for the rest of all etern-

Oh look, is that a spray-on blush? I want it!

Wait...what were we talking about again?

5. Relief.

Call Sephora the "Great and Powerful Wizard", because it has everything we're searching for. Whether you're looking to learn the latest beauty tricks and trends for an added boost of brain-power, to get new fragrance that will let you put your heart on your sleeve, or to simply find the courage to rock a new makeup look, Sephora will have your back. Forget yellow brick roads - black and white tiles are all you need to know that you're on the right path.

Now click your heels Dorothy, and repeat after me: there's no place like Sephora.

6. Sadness.

Nothing is worse than when you spend time anticipating picking up a makeup product, only to find out that it's currently sold-out. Depending on your luck, you may have experienced such a catastrophe at Sephora before. Even though being call-listed or ordering online is still possible, the extended wait for a product can be detrimental to one's beauty-sanity.

Prepare for this emotion in advance by rocking the waterproof mascara. At least then, your tears will still look cute.

7. Annoyance.

You're enjoying your shopping trip when all of a sudden, you happen to overhear the snarky comments from the know-it-all shopper next to you. We all know these girls: the ones that are 98% likely to claim they are a makeup artist, and who think that they don't need any help because they "know" every trick in the book already. Just roll your winged-out eyes and vow to never be as closed-minded. The beauty industry never stops expanding, and neither should your learning experiences.

8. Joy.

Time for checkout! Every makeup-lover is overcome with pure joy and excitement once they begin to make their purchase at the register. It feels glorious to know that there's no wait-time for shipping; you are getting what you want, WHEN YOU WANT IT! Sephora also makes any beauty-lover gleeful once we find out just how many points we have saved on our accounts to get free products. It's the makeup equivalent to being an audience member on Oprah.

You get a free gift, and you get a free gift, and EVERYBODY GETS FREE GIFTS.

9. Remorse.

There is no such thing as a Sephora shopper who has not felt this emotion - leaving Sephora and noticing that there were products you overlooked and could've gotten is one of the worst things known to mankind. You want to turn back and shop for those items too, but you know that your wallet will never forgive you for doing so, and so you must walk away from the situation. It is quite depressing when you think about it.

Add this to the list of reasons why you can't go wrong with waterproof mascara.

10. Happiness.

Even though it can be a large monetary and emotional investment, at the end of the day, a trip to Sephora means happiness. We don't solely rely on Sephora to simply fix our outer-appearance and beauty needs; Sephora is the place that allows us to reward ourselves for all the non-beauty-related things that we do and to help make us feel beautiful, inside and out. So the next time someone asks you if you've found the key to happiness, say yes.

And then walk them to the nearest Sephora so that they can say they've found it too. ♥