10 Musicals You Will Not Be Able To Get Out Of Your Head

Listen to them and then try to forget them.

2
Flickr/ @laverrue

I love acting and being in musicals, but I rarely listen to show tunes in my free time. That being said, there are some musical soundtracks that I cannot stop get out of my head and, therefore, listen to all the time. Scroll through and listen to a few of these earworms!

1. Cabaret

This show is AMAZING. I am obsessed with the music (mainly the Emcee's songs). I definitely want to see this show sometime in the near future.

Must Listen To: If You Could See Her, Willkommen, and Money

2. Little Shop of Horrors

My brother was recently Seymour in a production of Little Shop of Horrors. He was incredible and I wish I could see the show more times, but the music will have to do. Listen to this; it's my favorite at the moment.

Must Listen To: Skid Row (Downtown), The Meek Shall Inherit, Suddenly Seymour, Da-Doo, Now (It's Just the Gas), and Finale Ultimo (Don't Feed the Plants)

3. Pippin

Throwback to junior year of high school when I was in a production of Pippin. It's a great show with even better music and I will always love belting them in the car with my friends.

Must Listen To: Glory, On The Right Track, and I Guess I'll Miss the Man

4. Once Upon a Mattress

I have a sort of emotional attachment Once Upon a Mattress, as I was Queen Aggravain in my high school's production of it. Beyond that, I enjoy the humor and light-heartedness in these songs.

Must Listen To: The Minstrel, the Jester and I, Normandy, Shy, and Very Soft Shoes

5. Chicago

I am nowhere near knowing these songs completely, but from what little I do know, they are beautiful. (Also the Fosse dances that accompany these songs are to die for.)

Must Listen To: We Both Reached for the Gun, Razzle Dazzle, and Cell Block Tango

6. Hair

I remember watching the movie version of Hair with my dad growing up. I never really listened to the music, but after revisiting it in my theater gen-ed, I realized how absolutely wonderful this soundtrack is.

Must Listen To: Manchester England, Donna, I Got Life, and Hair

7. The Threepenny Opera

All of these songs are incredibly catchy and certainly have a very different sound!

Must Listen To: Knocking Shop Tango, Squaddies Song, and The Ballad of Mack the Knife

8. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

I was introduced to "Comedy Tonight" in my senior year of high school and the rest of the musical numbers this year, allowing me to fall in love with it two separate times.

Must Listen To: Pretty Little Picture, Everybody Ought to Have a Maid, and Impossible

9. The Addams Family

Just go listen to all of this. Right now. Right. Now.

Must Listen To: One Normal Night, Crazier Than You, and Pulled

10. Guys and Dolls

I learned of this musical in my Theatre 101 class and I have not been able to shake it since. There's not a single song I don't like!

Must Listen To: Guys and Dolls, Fugue for Tinhorns, Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat