10 Darth Vader Quotes for Fathers Day

10 Darth Vader Quotes for Fathers Day

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, your father was born, he met your mother and they had you.
339

STAR WARS

your father was born.

Fathers Day was this past weekend, I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend with loved ones. In honor of this holiday here is a list of Darth Vader quotes that your dad has probably uttered while raising you. For those that do not have a father in the picture remember, neither did Luke and he turned into the greatest Jedi of all time (no debates necessary).

1. "Alert all commands. Calculate every possible destination along their last known trajectory."

Ever been out late or past curfew? Does your Dad wait up for you? Mine does. If one does not check in within a decent time well, Dad does his thing.

2. "As you wish"

Though we know this quote from the Princess Bride, it is also something that Darth Vader said to the Emperor, and something your Dad has said to you.

3. "The force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."

When you questions your parents knowledge on life, they will either say this or think this.

4. "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."

Something your Dad mumbles when the family does not want to help with work around the house.

5. "You have learned much, young one."

You are growing into an adult and he could not be more proud.

6. "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"

Do you want me to talk to your mother about this?

7. "The Emperor has been expecting you."

He has spoken to your mother.

8. "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further. "

Even though your Dad can have a huge amount of patience, it can run thin at times.

9. "We would be honored if you would join us."

Since at the moment you are acting like every other teenager. Too cool for your family. Just eat dinner with them!

10. "No. *I* am your father."

Need I say more?

Many people commonly get this quote incorrect believing that Darth Vader says 'Luke' but if you watch the movies you will find that he does in fact say the quote above. On another note I would like to say a very happy Fathers day to all the Dads out there. Blood related or not we owe it to our awesome Dads for having a hand in who we are today. Having grown up with the Star Wars franchise I could not help but write this list.