10 Bible Verses To Uplift The Discouraged Soul

Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you.
452

Are you feeling

weary

tired

stressed

burdened

confused

lost

fallen

hurt

restless

discouraged

...or all of the above?

For those 10 points of discouragement, here are 10 Bible verses to help you combat those feelings. They have been my source of strength and comfort amidst tough and challenging times.

May they uplift your inner being and remind you that through Christ, you will not be overcome! Though life may bring you down, you need not feel defeated!

These Bible verses will remind you of the bigger picture, and that whatever it is you are going through right now won’t last forever. Your pain, your heartache, and your discouragement are only for a season, and as carbon is transformed into a diamond through heat and pressure, so you too are becoming refined. so that your life will shine brighter than ever before.

1. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:17 & 18
  2. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. - Exodus 14:14
  3. Can a woman forget her nursing child and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I [the Lord] will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands” - Isaiah 49:16
  4. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27
  5. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:33
  6. Even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You. For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.… - Psalm 139:12-14
  7. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11
  8. I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5
  9. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24
  10. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

This life is short, and the problems that come with it are insignificant compared to the eternity that is to come. That is why next time you are feeling discouraged, don’t focus on your problems. Choose to turn your eyes away from that which is temporary, and fix your eyes upon Jesus, who was, and is, and is to come. He is unchanging in His love toward you.

The more you see Him, the smaller your problems become. He defeated sin and death once and for all on the cross. If He could do that, could he not conquer every area of defeat and discouragement in your life?

God loves you, and will turn every trial and tribulation into victory! Through your life, those around you going through the same trials can also be encouraged.

Though He is God, He became man so that He can sympathize with your every weakness and your every pain (Hebrews 4:15). He sees you, He knows where you're at, and He will lead you to a better place. The dark moments of your life last only long enough for Him to accomplish His greater purpose within you. Just trust Him.