10 Bible Verses For The Anxious

10 Bible Verses For The Anxious

Guarenteed assurances for those who are anxious.

8
10 Bible Verses For The Anxious
gustavthuesen.com

As a young adult, the goal is to simply find yourself amongst the chaos. These particular chaotic segments include school, work, hobbies, and relationship, which often result in anxious occurrences. Believe me, when I say, as a twenty-year-old girl, I have been through all too many of these. More often than none, my anxiety attacks result in a racing heart rate, inability to catch my breath, unclear thoughts, stress-induced headaches, meltdowns, you name it. While none of it has been easy to endure, I have access to a gateway to get me through it: Jesus. He has provided me with an explainable peace quite often, allowing my anxious soul to taper down. His word speaks the truth on the topic of anxiety, and today, I present you with ten bible verses in which I advise all to seek comfort in.

1. For whenever you feel like you cannot do it on your own:

Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight.”

2. For whenever you feel burdened:

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

3. For whenever you need comfort:

Psalm 23:4

“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

4. For whenever you feel afraid:

Psalm 56:3

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”

5. For whenever you need peace of mind:

2 Thessalonians 3:16

“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.”

6. For whenever anxiety overwhelms you:

Philippians 4:6-7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

7. For whenever thoughts of the future creep up:

Matthew 6:34

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

8. For whenever you feel discouraged:

Isaiah 35:4

“Tell everyone who is discouraged, be strong and do not be afraid! God is coming to your rescue…”

9. For whenever life gets ahead of you:

Luke 12:22-26

“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”

10. For whenever you doubt yourself:

Galatians 6:9

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

With all being said, we have no reason to worry about the chaos that occurs in our lives. Our times of anxiety should not be an excuse to stop seeking Jesus. For it is in Him, we find an unexplainable peace to cope with these crutches. Yes, we can find comfort in other things, however, these are temporary. Things of the world cannot replace what we are able to find above, which is eternal. Do not ever forget: Jesus is always here for you, no matter how heavy the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Hang in there, my friend, he has got this in control.