The 10 Not To Miss In Springfield, Missouri

Springfield, Missouri could be thought of as a boring town for some. However, it is far from boring. There are many things to do in the Springfield area that is unique to our culture and lifestyle. Springfield has some of the best things.

1. Visit all of our local parks.

At two of our parks, Sequiota and Nathanael Greene, there are hundreds of amazing photo opportunities.

2. Go to Fantastic Caverns.

We have so many local caves and this one has guided tours to keep you extra safe.

3. Travel 20 miles in nearly any direction and reach one of our beautiful lakes.

4. Visit one of Springfield's famous food places.

We have Pineapple Whip and Cashew Chicken. Who could want more?

5. Go out and protest something that you stand for.

We are a hotbed for politics; thank goodness we have our freedom of speech.

6. Catch a movie at one of our amazing theaters. We just opened a new one, the Alamo Drafthouse.

We just opened a new one, the Alamo Drafthouse.

7. If it is the first Friday go downtown and see some amazing art from one of our local artists.

8. Maybe it is not first Friday, no fear look around I am sure local music is somewhere.

9. If you feel like traveling go to Branson. You can see a show, visit a theme park, and go to White Water.

10. Maybe you have some extra cash. Great!

There are many local shops that you can get amazing things at like: Springfield Hot Glass Studio, Five Pound Apparel, and Stick It In Your Ear.

Of course, this list does not include all of the things that you can do in Springfield. But, it is a great start. Springfield may be smaller in terms of population but, it sure has many things to do like a big city. Additionally, Springfield has many new places opening each day for us Springfieldians to discover.