10 Best Places In Arizona To Get Your Grub On

For all the foodies out there, this is your go-to guide.

14
Ashton Sukenic

If you're like me, places with sub-par food make you yawn. Lucky for us, Arizona is home to some of the most delicious restaurants, fit to cater to us millennials. With menu items that you just can't pass up, these are the places you need to be this summer! With that being said, here are the top 10 restaurants that made the cut.

1. Bootleggers Modern American Smokehouse

If the thought of pulled pork makes you drool, this is the place for you. As the smells of the smokehouse hit you before you've even entered the restaurant, you know you're about to be in Heaven. Whether you order the PBLT or the classic pulled pork, lets just say there's no losing here. And for those of you over 21, the apple pie moonshine is a must.

2. La Grande Orange Pizzeria

Located in the heart of Arcadia, all of the locals swarm here to get a taste of the freshest ingredients in town. Yes, this may look like any typical pizza you think you've had, but that's where you're wrong. First off, sourdough crust? Um, yes. My personal favorite: the classic Margherita, but the Gladiator pizza seems to be the perfect fit for any meat connoisseur.

3. Wally's American Pub N' Grill

If you have a passion for classic American pub food and excellent customer service, this is the place for you. Start out with the grilled California artichokes, and then indulge in the apple smoked bacon S'mac (mac and cheese in a skillet topped with herb buttered bread crumbs). I promise you, you'll be back in a couple of days wanting more!

4. Ted's Hot Dogs

Just minutes from Arizona State's campus, this makes the perfect pre-game meal. Grab the charcoal grilled foot-long and smother it in chili and cheese. Then listen to that delicious hot dog "snap" after every bite. It's extremely satisfying.

5. AZ 88

Looking for a modern and artistic atmosphere with award winning cocktails and delicious food? This is the place to be. Grab your gals, get dressed up for the night on the town and stop here to start off the night. Whether you get a classic burger or something more sophisticated, you will absolutely love it. Oh by the way, did I mention waffle fries?

6. Hopdoddy Burger Bar

If you have not been here yet, you're most definitely missing out. This the top burger place in the valley, no doubt. I suggest the Magic Shroom or the Terlingua burger to start. Or if you want to go with the classic, add a fried egg for extra flare. For dessert, grab the Nutella and Chocolate Pretzel shake on the way out to satisfy all of your sweet tooth cravings. They even add a giant straw for extra sipping pleasure.

7. Blanco Tacos and Tequila

If you're from Arizona you are most definitely familiar with the Fox Restaurant concepts. However, Blanco most definitely is my favorite. Seriously though, this place offers some of the freshest Mexican cuisine I have ever tasted. Order the warm queso blanco dip to start, and I swear you will be wishing that you could swim in a pool of this stuff. Next, choose from any of the tacos, burritos, or enchiladas with a side of rice and beans. And for those less adventurous, the cheese crisps are to die for.

8. Beckett's Table

Providing a relaxed, urban atmosphere, you'll truly feel at home. Grab a seat at the community table and join in on memorable conversations and laughs. Try Beckett's Table Signature Fork Tender Short Ribs with a side of creamy mashed potatoes that puts a smile on anyone's face and fills your belly.

9. Phoenix Public Market

This casual, urban hangout is the place to be if you happen to find yourself in downtown Phoenix. Incorporating local and fresh ingredients, Phoenix offers top quality cuisine. Stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner and enjoy a cup of coffee, a pastry, or unwind with a glass of wine.

10. Tarbell's

Lastly, if you're looking for a more upscale experience, make sure to take a visit to Tarbell's. Owned by Mark Tarbell, winner of Season 5's "Iron Chef America," this food is the best of the best. Although the menu is mostly seasonal, some items never change. The Scotch Beef as a must-have.