The 10 Best "Carpool Karaoke" Segments with James Corden

James Corden makes his unique mark on late night television with this fun and unique musical segment.

66
Bret Hartman / CBS

Throughout the different late night talk shows, each host implements different elements to make their show unique and applicable to different audiences. For “Late Late Show” host James Corden, this unique element are his “Carpool Karaoke” segments. Corden debuted this segment of his show in March of 2015 when he invited Mariah Carey to sing some of her hit songs. Since then, he has invited other artists, like classic crooner Rod Stewart and rapper A$AP Rocky to join him in his car. Here are some standout “Carpool Karaoke” clips that feature artists from multiple genres.

1. Broadway Carpool Karaoke

As Corden prepared to host the Tony Awards last summer, he invited some of Broadway’s biggest stars to perform songs from some of Broadway’s biggest shows. Hamilton star and creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, six-time Tony Award winner Audra McDonald, “She Loves Me” star Jane Krakowski and “Fully Committed” star Jesse Tyler Ferguson joined Corden to sing songs from hit shows like “Jersey Boys,” “RENT” and “Les Miserables.”

2. Jennifer Hudson Carpool Karaoke

In this edition of “Carpool Karaoke,” Oscar winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson joins Corden on his way to work. While on the way to work, Hudson and Corden stop by a drive-thru to pick up some fast food and Hudson sings Cordon’s order of a cheeseburger to the employee.

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers Carpool Karaoke

In this “Carpool Karaoke” Corden is joined by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and sings along to some of their hit songs. Corden also joins RHCP singer Anthony Kiedis in a wrestling match, which is a great moment for all the other members.

4. One Direction Carpool Karaoke

One Direction joins Corden for this “Carpool Karaoke” and they sing a few of the band’s hit songs, like “Best Song Ever,” and “What Makes You Beautiful.” Corden also gives the group some tips on being a proper boy band, by providing them with matching outfits and dance moves for their song “No Control.”

5. Stevie Wonder Carpool Karaoke

Corden has also invited music legends, like Stevie Wonder, to join him on different “Carpool Karaoke” segments. In the edition with Stevie Wonder, they sing some of Wonder’s famous songs, and Corden has Wonder sing a song to his wife over the phone.

6. Adele Carpool Karaoke

While back in his country of origin across the pond, Corden takes Adele for a ride in this version of “Carpool Karaoke.” Corden and Adele sing songs from her new album and also have some fun with Spice Girls song, “Wannabe.”

7. Lady Gaga Carpool Karaoke

Lady Gaga joins Corden on his way to work and sings songs from her new album “Joanne” and also talks about her reaction when she found out that she was going to perform during the 2017 Super Bowl Halftime show.

8. Elton John Carpool Karaoke

In this “Carpool Karaoke,” Corden is joined by another music legend, Elton John. Corden and Elton John sing some classic songs and Elton John also discusses how he draws inspiration from younger musicians.

9. Bruno Mars Carpool Karaoke

In Corden’s most recent edition of “Carpool Karaoke,” he is joined by Bruno Mars. During their car ride, Mars and Corden sang hit songs like “Grenade” and “Uptown Funk.” Mars also talked about his time as a four –year- old Elvis impersonator.

10. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" Carpool Karaoke

In this version of “Carpool Karaoke,” the team from “Late Late Night” put together an edition of the segment with the all the musicians who rode in the car with Corden throughout the year performing “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” Mariah Carey opens up the video singing the first lines of her festive hit song, getting the audience in the mood for the holidays.