10 Beneficial Websites For College Students

Tools, shortcuts, methods and useful information that will help you survive your college semester.

44
HerCampus

College students have relied more and more on the internet because of the fast, efficient and abundant websites that are there for our every need, desire and wish. Yet, we frequently find the information we are looking for to be hard due to the fact of some many websites are out there. So, check out these websites with tools, shortcuts, methods and useful information that will help you survive your college semester. Plus, it can save you some money too:

1. Quizlet

Quizlet is an online learning tool used for students to make their own flashcards.

2. Rate my Professor

Want to know which classes to take and professors to avoid? Rate My Professor is one of the best websites for students who are looking to learn more information about their professor before registering for classes. The website provides rating for more than one million teachers and professors around the world. You can always find your upcoming professor on this site with a description of how their class is and experiences other students have had with that professor.

3.Student Rate

This site provides free student discounts and deals. Student Rate is very helpful if you are just preparing to come into college and don’t know how to fund it. They have student discounts, deals and it is very affordable with good quality.

4. Audible

Who else hates reading a book for a class when you don't even understand it? Audible is available to listen to a book instead of reading aloud.

5. Amazon

Amazon has everything from books, electronics, clothes, movies, games and handmade items. If you're looking for anything you can mostly likely find it on Amazon.

6. Chegg

If you struggling to buy books for next semester, check out Chegg's website for cheaper books, textbooks, e-textbooks and also have the opportunity to sell your own textbooks for money back.

7. BookRenter

BookRenter is very similar to Chegg, and it does the same things. However, if you cannot find a book on Chegg, Amazon or your school store, check BookRenter. I have found that BookRenter usually has most of the books I've needed.

8. RefDesk

Refdesk is a site built to find and check your facts on other internet searches. This site is awesome for those students working on research papers and are in a crunch for time.

9. Wridea

Wridea is a free online idea management service that provides help to writers brainstorm, organize, and improve their ideas. Wridea is a great site to start your thesis or even an outline of a paper you’re preparing to write.

10. SparkNotes

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Fadmin&ho=https%3A%2F%2Fmuse.theodysseyonline.com&s=20&h=64d9be290b0491462f7d70daee8ae16f4c985780bed9a1f362f23f9c946243fe&size=980x&c=3482214109 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Fadmin%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fmuse.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D20%26h%3D64d9be290b0491462f7d70daee8ae16f4c985780bed9a1f362f23f9c946243fe%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3482214109%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

SparksNotes is a resource you can turn to when you’re puzzled.They help you understand books more clearly, write papers and study for tests. They have definitely helped me my freshman year of college.