10 Annoying Things Professors Do

10 Annoying Things Professors Do

Teacher: WHY CAN I HEAR TALKING? Student: Because you have ears.

103
10 Annoying Things Professors Do
http://swansonquotes.com

There seems to be an annoying, reoccuring theme for professors, and here are a few that I've noticed.

1. When A Professor Lets You Out Late.

“The end of class doesn’t dismiss you, I dismiss you.” Are we in high school? I have ten minutes to run to the other end of the universe and you’re playing games here? I’m not an Olympic runner, every second counts.

2. When A Professor Claims A Topic Is “Easy.”

Yes, boy genius, it’s easy for you, that’s why you’re teaching it. Slow down, and give everyone a chance to catch up to your expertise.

3. When A Professor Assigns Group Assignments.

No thank you, I’ll pass. Group assignment? More like, here’s a bunch of people you don’t know, who won’t do anything, and you’ll have to do the workload of those five plus people. Good luck.

4. When A Professor Tries Too Hard To Be Funny.

You’re just making things more awkward for everyone in the room. If you’re naturally funny, great, please, by all means shower us with your humor.

5. When A Professor Is Late, And Forces You To Stay Later.

Are. You. Kidding. Me. It is not our fault you failed to be on time. Why do the students have to suffer for your mishap? Get your act together.

6. When A Professor Doesn’t Believe In Giving A+’s.

One of my professors introduced himself and then proceeded to tell us why he hasn’t given one person an A+ in the course, or on his papers. I’m fairly an A/A+ student so that worried me. Although I ended up getting an A in the course, and on the papers, why start off the semester with a literal A-bomb?

7. When A Professor Says, “I understand your situation.”

I love how in the beginning of the semester the professor tries to play good cop by claiming they “understand how school isn’t what we do 100% of the time, how we have jobs and other commitments.” Then, before we leave, they say, “Don’t forget to read the assignment for the next class!” You go home feeling confident, and then you see the reading is over fifty pages and you want to die.

8. When A Professor Gets Mad If You Don’t Participate In An Early Class.

Sir/Ma’am, it is 8AM and this is a math class. You’re lucky I’m sitting here with at least one eye open and my body is present. Do not attempt to engage and force participation.

9. When A Professor Doesn’t Believe In “Modern Technology.”

You’re old, we get it. But every other class gives us the option of emailing our professors when we have questions. Meanwhile, you’re giving us your damn house phone number. It’s time to evolve, my friend.

10. When A Professor Assigns The Latest Edition For A Mandatory Textbook.

There’s a special place in hell for you. Do you think my ten-dollar an hour job can pay for this textbook, the tuition, my gas/metro card, food, and other necessities? No sir/ma’am, it cannot.