Unless You Want Your Immune System To Be A Total Brat, You Should Probably Get Vaccinated

When it comes to vaccinating children, I support vaccines.

800

When it comes to vaccines, there is a broad range of opinions. Some people believe vaccines are bad and chose not to vaccinate their children. Then there are the people like me who believe vaccines are good. By all means, you are entitled to your own opinion and I'm sure my views won't persuade you, but there's so much more to think about when it comes to vaccines.

Majority of the vaccines we have received have the live virus in them. I'm almost positive you don't know why. Once the live virus enters the body, it teaches the immune system how to detect it and develop an immunity. For example, the chickenpox vaccine has a live virus. I received that vaccine when I was a baby and received a booster in the years after. Guess what I NEVER got? Chickenpox. Same goes for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)

When it comes to vaccinating children, I support vaccines. A baby's immune system is not as strong as an adult. They are much more susceptible to different pathogens. Especially while in a public place. Children tend to put things in their mouths that could be covered in germs.

Did you know that vaccines are the reason why smallpox is not around anymore? Because of the vaccine, the United States has been free of polio since the 1970s. Before vaccines, smallpox was responsible for the deaths of 300 million people worldwide. Now, smallpox has been eradicated worldwide.

Polio caused severe paralysis to many people in the years of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Polio was so contagious that public places were shutting down. Then, Jonas Salk made the polio vaccine. Polio is now on the path to eradication... thanks to the vaccine.

Polio and smallpox vaccines are examples of inactive vaccines. This means there's no live virus in them.

By not vaccinating, you are putting yourself and others around you at risk.

I understand you have your reasons on why you choose not to vaccinate. I have my reasons why I do. If you still choose not to, I'm not going to judge you. That's your choice.