A Letter To My Sigma Sisters

A Letter To My Sigma Sisters

I'm thankful to have friends like you.

185
Sophia Orlando

At the start of this year, I joined Sigma Sigma Sigma (Tri Sigma) at Missouri State University. I was joining a sorority as a sophomore in hopes of making new friends and fun memories.

The experience of recruitment week was a little overwhelming, but I ended up where I was supposed to be.

At first, I felt like I wasn't really fitting in or making any real friends. I was disappointed that girls weren't reaching out to me like I saw them do to others. I spent most weekends home alone in my apartment watching movies and taking bubble baths.

I promise it's no fun being alone practically every single weekend, scrolling on Instagram and seeing all these other people you know having a great time with friends.

Finally, I found my friends within Tri Sigma. Sydney, Abby, Meg, Grace, and Olivia were very kind and welcoming towards me. If I remember correctly, we became closer friends during informal spring recruitment. Since then, things have been so much better.

I've had girls to sit with at chapter meetings, to hang with at events, go get coffee with, and to have impromptu photo shoots with.

Sigma Sisters,

Thank you for befriending me when I needed it most. Thank you for being there for me and for making me feel accepted and included. I have had such a great time with you gals the past few months and I'm so happy we became friends.

You probably don't realize how much you mean to me and how lonely I really was. What matters is I'm not lonely anymore.

You have each made an impact on my life and have brightened my days so much.

So I just wanted to say I love you guys and I appreciate your friendship. Thanks for being the best! ♡

Sincerely,

Sophie