A Letter To The Girl Who Feels Broken-hearted

This too shall pass and you will be be happy again.

51

Hey girl,

I want to start out by saying that I'm here for you and I understand what you're going through. I've been in the same spot that you're in right now.

And it sucks. It's honestly one of the worst feelings in the world.

Things just don't feel the same. Certain songs leave you feeling empty and you find yourself avoiding places where you shared so many memories together.

You probably feel like you're going to be stuck in this feeling forever.

I promise you that this too shall pass.

Day by day it will start to hurt less and less. Then one day you'll wake up and you won't be feeling this way anymore.

It will take time. Some days you'll feel on top of the world and other days you'll break down crying in your car.

Remember that this is ok. This is all part of the healing process.

Never feel like you're taking too long to move on. Everyone heals at their own pace.

I promise that you will find your spark again and you will remember who you were before this person came into your life.

If you're not even sure where to start or even how to begin to move on, I have a few things that helped me.

1. Cry it out: Let yourself feel everything you're feeling. Don't hold it all in. This is where healing begins. This is how you accept your situation.
  2. Delete everything of him: This includes all pictures and texts; pretty much everything. This one will hurt. I'll admit that. You may not be ready to do this yet. I understand because it took me some time to do this too. It will hurt to finally delete him from your life. But isn't a short and sharp pain better than a long-lasting ache? Deleting everything of his will remove the urge to stay updated on his life and will help you move on
  3. Lean on your friends and loved ones: they love you and they will help you get through this.
  4. Love yourself: At the end of the day, you're all that you've got. You've got to start advocating for yourself because you can't be in a healthy relationship with someone else if you don't have a good relationship with yourself.

This pain will not last forever. Someday you'll be able to listen to the songs that once reminded you of him. One day you'll be able to go to places that you went to with him without feeling empty. One day you'll wake up living your best life and you won't think of him anymore.

Until then, love yourself and continue to work towards your best life.

You are so loved and someday you'll find someone who is worthy of you. Never settle for anything less.

Love,

The girl who's been heartbroken before