When The Nice Guy Is Not So Nice

A Brief Exposė On The Nice Guy Who's Not So Nice

From a girl who knows how it feels to be hurt by the "nice guy."

321
Morgan Akers

He'll say he's just friends with like a trillion girls and they're just at the library studying...

Then he'll hook up with her and somehow make you feel bad for him.

He'll act like he's extremely attentive and that he's hearing everything you're saying and taking it at its face value, but then he'll use it all against you and find a way to twist every word you ever said.

He'll say he's clean and he's always been clean, then somewhere down the line, he'll cry afterwards telling you he lied and somehow again he makes you feel bad for him.

He'll act like he's trying to better himself and act like he's found it in his heart to be the compassionate loving person you've known him to be at his best.

Then he'll get stressed or bored and show you he's the same immature child he was before.

He'll act like he's figured himself out and he's trying to find a way to appreciate himself, but he'll leave the burden to you to constantly support him and build him up.

He'll tell you that the two of you have differences, but a great love like this will overcome.

Then he'll say he's thought about it more and it's just impossible...

He'll say that you're his world and that nothing can come between you, but the second he talks to his mother whatever she says is more important than how he feels.

He'll say he's strong enough to deal with the pressure, then he'll crumble under it like the weak man you've known him to be at his worst.

He was always the nice guy. Everyone said he was so sweet, but they didn't know how his changes of heart and his dishonesty would come to tear you apart inside. He'll say he's going to be more honest and he knows how to keep from hurting you this time, that his love is enough.

But over time it will fade. Every promise, every word. He'll slowly become more distant, but continue to tell you everything is fine. He'll know exactly what he's doing cause that's what the nice guys do. They lie. They may be "nice" but last I checked nice just means coward who doesn't know how to love himself let alone anyone else.