15 Things Everyone Should Do During Spooky Szn

We're trying to have an undead October, not a dead one people.

1336
Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

With the month of October just beginning, one needs to spend the month properly preparing for the best holiday of all, Halloween.

Sure, Christmas and Thanksgiving are great for spending time with loved ones, but Halloween is fun for all ages and offers a variety of activities for anyone. Here's a list of 15 things to do this month to ensure you don't miss out on any spooky season shenanigans.

1. Go To A Pumpkin Patch

Arguably the most obvious, yet important thing to do in October. Fall simply is not complete without searching for a fat pumpkin to take home. Plus, it's a cute date idea.

2. Carving Pumpkins

If you're going to go to a pumpkin patch, you might as well carve a pumpkin. It's the Halloween rules, you can't break them.

3. Go To The Bath & Body Works Candle Section

A quintessential part of getting in the Halloween spirit is to buy candles that smell like Fall. Lighting some fall scented candles and having a scary movie marathon is a match made in heaven.

4. Go To The $1 Section at Target

Target has arguably the best deal on cute Halloween decorations to make your living space just a little bit spookier.

5. Have A Bonfire

Nothing quite hits like a bonfire on a chilly Autumn night. Roast some marshmallows, tell some scary stories, and hope you don't sit in the direction of the wind so you don't get smoke in your eye.

6. Go On A Haunted Hay Ride

Photo by Patrick Fore on Unsplash

Optional to make it haunted, a regular hay ride alone will still get you in the Fall spirit, but if you make it haunted it fits the spooky vibe more. Which is kind of what we're going for here.

7. Binge All The Scary Movies You Can

If horror movies aren't your thing, alter this to kids Halloween movies. Halloween Town, Nightmare Before, Christmas, Hocus Pocus? Cult classics.

8. Go To A Haunted Corn Maze

Photo by Burst on Unsplash

Very easy to do if you live in the midwest because there's corn fields literally everywhere. Can be altered to be non-haunted, but fi you make it haunted it's a good excuse to hold your date's hand (or hide behind them and use them as a human shield).

9. Go To A Haunted House

Not for the faint of heart, but definitely for those that enjoy a good scare. And what's the point of Halloween without getting scared?

10. Oktoberfest

For those 21+, definitely a must in October

11. Tell Ghost Stories

One of my favorite things to do to get in the Halloween spirit, is to listen to a good scary story. There's nothing quite like listening to an intriguing tall tale that makes you want to keep a light on at night.

12. Drink Apple Cider

Photo by Heidi Kaden on Unsplash

Or a PSL if that suits your fancy, but nothing quite hits like hot apple cider. Or hard cider for some. Both count.

13. Go To A Fall Festival

What always made my Octobers so much fun was going to fall festivals my school hosted. Every town has their own version, and pretty much everything on this list can be done at one.

Hand Out Candy To Trick Or Treaters

You'll make a kid's night, and you can be the cool house that has the good candy.

15. Go To A Costume Party

Hands down the best part of Halloween is getting to be someone, or something else, for an entire night. There's no rules on what to do, just do whatever you want; as long as you dress up. Because no one wants to have a "nudist on strike" at their costume party.

Happy spooky season!