Embracing The Moment And Thriving Unapologetically

Learning to wholeheartedly live in the moment and enjoy doing so.

3
Personal Photo

Jerry Spinelli once said, "You're cheating yourself out of today. Today is calling to you, trying to get your attention, but you're stuck on tomorrow, and today trickles away like water down a drain. You wake up the next morning and that today you wasted is gone forever. It's now yesterday. Some of those moments may have had wonderful things in store for you, but now you'll never know."

So often, we find ourselves thinking about what will happen next. Whether that be the next homework assignment do or what you plan on having for the next meal, each thought hinders you from living in the moment. To "live in the moment" is a phrase that is easier said than done. It is so easy to become consumed with things of the past. Whether that be a lost loved one or a life-changing event, it cannot be a continuous excuse to negate the present. Time is the one thing we will never able to get back. Taking ownership of your current situation and accepting it for what it is can help bring a sense of joy to that particular moment. A moment that you'll never be able to get back.

Embracing the moment comes a sense of understanding. Think of where you were six months ago and think of where you are now. Each day, we dream and hope for a prosperous, successful, and peace-filled future. We forget that the moment we are currently in was once apart of that vision.

No matter what stage you're in, thrive in that moment. Regardless of the situation, you are always one step ahead of where you once were. Live in your truth and make the most of that specific time of your life.