Zumba

Zumba

Zumba Instructor

20
Zumba
Zumba

I can't believe that the day had come which was long, exhausting and a blast! This past Friday, I got certified and licensed which was awesome!! I was so pumped that I went to the basic 1 training which was fun!! The location was easy to get to because I knew the area really well. Everyone was supportive, including the instructor. I made some new friends at the training and I still keep in contact with them. The instructor was very helpful and nice to do the training with!

I also learned the background of Zumba and who invented it. Zumba is mostly latin dance with other types of dances mixed in. During the training, we learned a lot of different dances such as the salsa and many others. We got a cd for our first class to review the cues and the choreography. I am excited to teach my first class soon! Before I teach my first class, I will do a demo class to see how it goes. I will invite some of my friends and have a blast. When I start teaching my first class I will have a positive and a fun atmosphere for the class. I will make it a fun class for all ages which is going to be a fun experience! I have assisted/taught dance classes before so it will not be my first time being in front of the class teaching. I am excited to start reviewing the choreography and the cues so I can get comfortable with the dances. There are 15 dances that I have to learn in order to teach Zumba! They said to do one song at a time so you can make it sharp and crisp. I been wanting to get certified for a while and now I did. I love to dance and I found something fun that I love to do. I feel great doing Zumba because it is a big dance party everyday I come. I have done Zumba a lot and now I am officially the instructor! Some of my friends encouraged me to get certified and I did! I am glad I got certified close by.

Zumba has so many songs to choose from but for my first class, I get to use a set of songs then maybe add some different ones later on. Zumba is so much fun to do and I am glad that I can do Zumba as my fun side job. This past weekend I was so sore but it was worth it all day dancing. When I am the instructor, I will be patient with my students because I am always patient. After the training day was over I was so tired and my brain was fried with a lot of information that I learned from that day of training. Cues are very important in Zumba so you can let your students know what is next in the choreography. I can't wait to see what this experience brings me!! I love doing Zumba and it is so much fun!!