You're Worth More Than Your GPA

You're Worth More Than Your GPA

So friends, the time that you are beating yourself up because the hard work that you put into your classes didn't seem to pay off, remember that your worth is found in the eyes of your Heavenly Father and to Him

33
Tumblr

College, where you're slammed with exams, quizzes, homework assignments, projects, etc, all while trying to keep your mental sanity. Sometimes being slammed with all of these things in a close period of time can result in breakdowns physically, mentally, and emotionally. When you're in the midst of these breakdowns, it's easy to pick yourself apart and fill your head and heart with negative thoughts. If you aren't careful, these negative thoughts and lies consume you, eventually making you feel that your success academically defines you. Well friends, I'm here to remind you of something. You are worth more than your grade point average. Let me say that again. You are worth more than your GPA. You are worth more than the promotion you didn't get from work. You are greater than your successes and you are not defined by your failures. You are no less of a person because of the things you do and how well you do them. Your worth is found in something and someone greater. You, my friend, are a child of God and that makes your value immeasurable.

Your worth isn't found in your earthly possessions or the things that you succeed in. God isn't exactly concerned about the things you own or the things that you may win trophies for. The thing that God cares most about is your soul. He cares about your soul and He cares about you. He cares about the work you do with your hands because He made them for you to reach out to others. He cares about the steps you take with your feet because someone else may follow. He cares about the things and people that you see with your eyes so that you're always looking for another soul to reach. He cares about the way you use your arms to offer a hug or pick up those around you who have fallen. He cares about every little thing about you.

You see friend, the same God that created your hands, feet, eyes, etc, created the stars above you and the beauty that surrounds you. The same way that He planned the universe, He planned for your life. Every single detail. When a God who is so great and so big creates an entire universe and also takes the time to plan every exact moment your life, that shows just how loved you are. The same God who placed the stars in the sky and knows them all by name also knows yours. And you know what, He's also the same God that knows your future exam scores. With every assignment that you do, God already knows the outcome because He cares about those small things too. But you want to know the coolest part about that? He knows those exam scores, your GPA, etc, and He loves you just the same because they don't define you. You are no less special to Him because you failed a test and you are no more special to Him because you got an A in your anatomy class.

So friends, the time that you are beating yourself up because the hard work that you put into your classes didn't seem to pay off, remember that your worth is found in the eyes of your Heavenly Father and to Him, you are loved and are worth so much more than you could ever imagine.