You Know You're From Ohio When

You Know You're From Ohio When

It's more than the Birthplace of Aviation.
20

Let’s face it, Ohio is not the most glamourous state to be from but it has its own sort of charm. In the corn fields of Northwest Ohio to the streets of Clifton, you can find a wide variety of people, places and signs you’re from Ohio.

1. The hell is real sign on I-71 is oddly comforting.
  2. That’s probably because studies show that people from Ohio use curse words more often than any other state.
  3. “We don’t give a damn about the whole state of *ichigan ‘cause we’re from Ohio”
  4. You either come from The Nasty Nati, The Land, Cbus or cornfields.
  5. Getting stuck behind a tractor is a valid excuse to be late.
  6. We have the roller coaster capital of the world.
  7. Whether you root for the Bengals or the Browns, they both suck but we stick by their sides through record losing year after year.
  8. The Cavs are the only winning Ohio team and we all felt pride in their championship win. If we are being real, it’s the only team that’s going to be winning any time soon.
  9. When you know that a Buckeye is not only our state nut but a pretty wonderful candy.
  10. Hearing someone say “I’ll meet you at the Eiffel Tower” and knowing they don’t mean Paris.
  11. There have been eight presidents that have come from the state of Ohio. Three of them died in office.
  12. Big Butter, Touchdown Jesus. Enough said.
  13. “Here’s your local weather, it’s 80 degrees with torrential downpours and snow. Just a normal day here in Ohio”
  14. You know to pronounce cities like Wapakoneta and Cuyahoga.
  15. We take pride in the fact that our rivers can catch on fire.
  16. The feud between Skyline and Gold Star is not real because Gold Star is complete and utter garbage.
  17. There are two seasons in Ohio, winter and construction. After all, 75 has been under construction since ‘Nam.
  18. When you go to another state and see someone wearing Ohio shirts, you immediately start yelling “O-H” and expect and “I-O” in return.
  19. Every other state talks funny even though we say “warsh” instead of “wash”.
  20. Are you even from Ohio if your favorite ice cream isn’t from Graeters?
  21. Kroger’s or Kroger? Every Ohioan knows the real answer here.
  22. “Where are you from?” “Oh I’m about 40 minutes north of Cincinnati”Because saying twenty miles north of Cincinnati is way too hard.

It may be corn fields and bad football teams but it’s home and I couldn’t be more proud of the state that has made me. We have our flaws and there are things that make us hate Ohio, but then the Cavs when a championship or someone from out of state knows what Graeters is and suddenly you love it all over again. The state known as “The heart of it all” has found a way into all of our hearts… And yeah, Michigan still sucks.

Cover Image Credit: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj1mrS5pfLOAhUGeSYKHY9MAMUQjB0IBg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fohiojournal.wordpress.com%2F&psig=AFQjCNGIggoja1IdplAfXxwR0yF35cVvtg&ust=1472960946672226